DBSvr error and Char creating?

backup69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2004
HI

In my home PC i run Job server many times but now i dont andestand what hapening.
I try create character and nothing is hapening. DBSvr return fallowing error
Code:
[size=2]20:51:50 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'FLD_INDEX', table 'game1.dbo.TBL_CHARACTER'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

20:51:50 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated.

[/size]

I setup my tables and database 2 times again but same error all the time.
Maybe anyone know what is that?

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
in your security settings you need to tick the box saying db owner i think m8 do it through the Entiprise Manager click security>logins> you shoud be able to do rest

If not that made sure u got ur dns set up right

Upvote 0

backup69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2004
Ty all for ansver.

Entiprise Manager click security>logins>
I never put in this section nothing and my server running without thoes setings.
Now i try this (set all logins in this section) but this is not help.

goto the odbc settings and make sure the master db's are setup correctly
I dont cnow whay i dont have master db in the ODBC but i try put this in the list with password and without, nothing is hapening.

Now i unninstall all sql and install again but still same error in DBSvr.
Now i cant create with Damian SQL AC Creator acount to. This tool give fallowing error:
Unable to create ID
Reason: Database could not be found..
But if i create same ac manualy this tool return:
Unable to create ID
Reason: ID already exists!

Maybe i need burn my PC? :wtf:

Upvote 0

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
backup69 said:
Ty all for ansver.

I never put in this section nothing and my server running without thoes setings.
Now i try this (set all logins in this section) but this is not help.

I dont cnow whay i dont have master db in the ODBC but i try put this in the list with password and without, nothing is hapening.

Now i unninstall all sql and install again but still same error in DBSvr.
Now i cant create with Damian SQL AC Creator acount to. This tool give fallowing error:
Unable to create ID
Reason: Database could not be found..
But if i create same ac manualy this tool return:
Unable to create ID
Reason: ID already exists!

Maybe i need burn my PC? :wtf:

Its the actual database - when exported to a script/mdb it looses/converts some field types to something different, this is where your getting the problem.
If i were you i'd RESTORE the database from a .dat file and not import it from an sql or an mdb file.

Good luck :)

(Yes i had this error quite frequently)

Upvote 0

backup69

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 30, 2004
NotMeAgainAgain said:
Its the actual database - when exported to a script/mdb it looses/converts some field types to something different, this is where your getting the problem.
If i were you i'd RESTORE the database from a .dat file and not import it from an sql or an mdb file.

Good luck :)

(Yes i had this error quite frequently)

Thank you. You right sql sux :). Last time i export my database to mdb. And if i install sql again i dont restore database but import from mdb :( .
Now i take this first chinese database and all working fine again. :hm:

Upvote 0