Dedicated Servers

Join Discord

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
I usually use the search bar first but most threads are outdated anyway im looking for a decent dedi host company or website that have a 24/7 staff service provided, price wont matter as long as the service is good and provided

I had a bad experience with ovh.com as they dont offer the service the promise they do, staff responses are super delayed and the website constantly bugs off.. loads of things are not inplace

Please post whatever website you dealed with and used their service.

Much thanks
Mohammed

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Fasthosts have 24x7 phone support as well as live chat (not 24x7) and email support.

Servers are self managed though so you need to know what you're doing generally. For actual server hardware/network issues though, someone is always available.

If you want help with installation of software etc you want a managed service provider rather than a standard hosting company.

3gena

Mir2 Server Creator
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Cairo
EpicHosts.co.uk

I used them for the Crystal Public Test Server and a few smaller projects. Never really had any issues but when I did they responded very quickly.
They are ****, 0 ddos protection.
I was using them untill i had attacks on mir alliance, when i have contacted them for ddos protection they answered that i can find any one else to protected thier dedi host lol.

Also i have lost connection to dedi host many times and they have answered be better to install teamviewer or anydesk to connect the dedi host when this issue happen.

Ovh is not bad for me they are offering some nice package where u can live chat with them support but cost higher amount

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I've always found OVH to be spot on, servers are a little more pricey then what you find out there, but you get decent support with them all.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
I've always found OVH to be spot on, servers are a little more pricey then what you find out there, but you get decent support with them all.
The irony is, ive made this thread while i was leaving OVH
Not sure how you guys define "good/decent support"
because i never get a quick response with the premium subscription,
spent hours waiting for the windows deployment assistance

Regardless of everything, this was my main quitting reason lol

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
The irony is, ive made this thread while i was leaving OVH
Not sure how you guys define "good/decent support" because i never get a quick response even with the premium subscription

Regardless of everything, this was my main quitting reason lol
Posted 10 years ago. Jul 22, 2013

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Posted 10 years ago. Jul 22, 2013
february,2023

I can go on and on, you guys might of had the cake side of it and went well for you
i had a bad experience and not going to risk it again,

Might go for hetzner, any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
thats your issue, need to do it yourself :p its easily done tbh. hetzner on the other hand its soo easy to deploy lol
I was willing to do it myself that wont be a problem only if they would allow me to use my cpanel lol
letalone the stupied login page where it keeps telling me i dont have an account with them
tried my username/email and OVH-1231 account they gave me yet no go

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I was willing to do it myself that wont be a problem only if they would allow me to use my cpanel lol
letalone the stupied login page where it keeps telling me i dont have an account with them
tried my username/email and OVH-1231 account they gave me yet no go
yeah just switch over to hetnzer, tbh never had an issue with ovh or Hetzner, but helped a few people setup Hetzner servers recently.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
yeah just switch over to hetnzer, tbh never had an issue with ovh or Hetzner, but helped a few people setup Hetzner servers recently.
Me being one. Will be calling on your services again soon! 😝