diffrence between red/yellow atr points

Join Discord

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
whats the differnace in Map editor between the Yellow and the red and the yellow+red Atr points in map editor?

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Left clicking will create a yellow attrib. This means you can spawn or walk on this area. Right clicking will add a red attrib, which means you won't be able to walk on this area but still spawn/tele on.

Last edited:

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
thanks, also woundering how does objects know if you can walk infront or behind an objects.... like sabuk wall how come you can actualy walk on the wall but not behind it....

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
all 2 do with the Atr marks, i rekon!

/FireUp

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
I always thought yellow was cannot stand here and red was cannot for example, fireball past. Notice sometime you can fireball past walls and sometimes you cannot.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
:/ getting confused now... just finished the snwo objects, but i need to actualy add the ATR points to them, and trying to figure out what is the actual diffenrance...

fair enough if red is the same as yellow, except you cant fireball across it... what about when it is yellow+red?

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
toxick why dont u make like 5 maps all same with diff atr marks and test cause if u make a view you can test aLL IN 1 GO......

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
i dont have a server to test it on, and i cba to download everything as im on 56k... just thought i might ask... dosent matter anyways...

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Maybe yellow means no access to this cell
and red means no 'fireball' past this cell

So maybe if it was red you could walk there just not fireball past it, and if its red/yellow you can not walk there or fireball past it. Although if I have ever used red ive used it wil yellow, it never really crossed my mind not to.

Reading up about the yellow ones, that is rubbish, you cannot walk on yellow ones at all.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
tested it out and

yellow-cant spawn on the area or walk or tele.... but can use skills over it(eg Fireball)
red-can spawn can tele, cant walk and cant use skills(eg you cant FB across it)

red seems a bit pointless as if you get teled into a big area of red... you are stuck for good....

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
Toxick said:
tested it out and

yellow-cant spawn on the area or walk or tele.... but can use skills over it(eg Fireball)
red-can spawn can tele, cant walk and cant use skills(eg you cant FB across it)

red seems a bit pointless as if you get teled into a big area of red... you are stuck for good....

I'm sure it could be exploited into a 1337 idea ;)