Join Discord

Autoplay: Yes or No?

• Total voters

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Thats kinda why you would have to mulitple dungeons at end game for different rewards that drop but not so often lol and also the older content dropping items for crafts etc so you find your going back to kill monsters to collect the old items not actually to level
Post automatically merged:

you made it further than I did I got to 27 and was like what am I doing lol

Yeah I’ve played it continuously, having it on iPad at work, but i just feel like a slave, there no interaction with players coz your all ******* afk lol on auto.

Im looking forward to FF7 next edition “reunion” or whatever it’s called, and hoping someone like @LightBringer @StormHero @Sanjian gives us something nice looking to play in the future, most likely after Diablo 4 gets a few months under its belt coz I know a lot of folk are playing that.

So plenty of time to talk about what’s coming as Diablo i believe is June?

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Yeah I’ve played it continuously, having it on iPad at work, but i just feel like a slave, there no interaction with players coz your all ******* afk lol on auto.

Im looking forward to FF7 next edition “reunion” or whatever it’s called, and hoping someone like @LightBringer @StormHero @Sanjian gives us something nice looking to play in the future, most likely after Diablo 4 gets a few months under its belt coz I know a lot of folk are playing that.

So plenty of time to talk about what’s coming as Diablo i believe is June?
yeah i didnt leave my computer on playing it as I dont agree on the whole afk crap lol but was good to play as it is a nice game graphically lol thats bout all it has going for it though

Yeah diablo is 6/6 i think lol not sure if ill play it as dont really support blizz anymore

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I haven't got Hogwarts as I need to re-focus on my server haha!

Our quest lines are going to be as good as they have been, without the issue we had with progressing them.
Going to create some character story quests as well (so some NPCs will actually have stories)

I've also (after my break) realised to not spend hours on a minor issue, when in that time I could've done so much more
98% is sometimes good enough :D

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I haven't got Hogwarts as I need to re-focus on my server haha!

Our quest lines are going to be as good as they have been, without the issue we had with progressing them.
Going to create some character story quests as well (so some NPCs will actually have stories)

I've also (after my break) realised to not spend hours on a minor issue, when in that time I could've done so much more
98% is sometimes good enough :D

Add some cut scenes on a quest where u enter the boss room and he says he’s going to punish you, add speech to NPCs and have @StormHero say things like “what brings you to Bichon” now that would be cool

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I like autoplay, but I don't have anywhere near the time to play as I did 15+ years ago. OldSkools auto-play is terrible, die a lot, and miss mobs out a fair bit, but it did get me playing longer than I probably would have otherwise. >.<

MasterD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 27, 2003
I feel they don't have a place in low rates, maybe in a high rate but I'd never play one of those anyway.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I use it on OS. Infect, 90% of my time on there has been auto play.
Fire it up, set it going and I can bath the little one, get her ready for bed, settle her down.

I can then boot up another game on the PS5 whilst my laptop is next to me "playing mir"

Do I want to see it become a common thing? Absolutely not. Servers will just be filled with botters, multiple clients farming for gold and items.
All it does is help the gold sellers even more. You then have to lower the gold drops to counter act it, making it more difficult for the average player.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I can then boot up another game on the PS5 whilst my laptop is next to me "playing mir"

That’s the nail on the head. Your not playing the Mir game lol, so what’s the point?

If it comes to the future private servers it will drive all community chat on the game out the window as everyone won’t be looking at the screen anymore.

Might aswell integrate crypto mining function and have everyone’s clients farming Bitcoin for u 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: Lose and Shyfx

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
That’s the nail on the head. Your not playing the Mir game lol, so what’s the point?

If it comes to the future private servers it will drive all community chat on the game out the window as everyone won’t be looking at the screen anymore.

Might aswell integrate crypto mining function and have everyone’s clients farming Bitcoin for u 🥕
don't give them that idea lol there was already addons in other games apparently doing this making peoples pcs run like **** haha

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Add some cut scenes on a quest where u enter the boss room and he says he’s going to punish you, add speech to NPCs and have @StormHero say things like “what brings you to Bichon” now that would be cool
I like the idea of QuestBosses (solo bosses) having speech

the main town NPCs will speak randomly (shops telling you to shop here) and there may be a couple of secret NPCs that give you clues on certain achievements and stuff ;)

I still would love the background music to change when you engage a boss in a KR but have no idea where to start with it.

Reactions: Hercules

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
I use it on OS. Infect, 90% of my time on there has been auto play.
Fire it up, set it going and I can bath the little one, get her ready for bed, settle her down.

Do I want to see it become a common thing? Absolutely not. Servers will just be filled with botters, multiple clients farming for gold and items.
All it does is help the gold sellers even more. You then have to lower the gold drops to counter act it, making it more difficult for the average player.

Personal opinion:

This is why I think it’s not such a great feature, you end up just sticking it to AFK while playing a different game.

I know mir is free but it’s a game and to compare I wouldn’t buy a game if I was going to not play it.

We play for enjoyment, if playing means letting it play itself while I do something else, I’ll just do something else

Obviously some love it and it’s their choice

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
i also voted no: (i also would never look at a server with it featured :p)
main reason = i know if a game had autoplay like that i'd just turn it on and do something else (sounds great right?) > except i'd never even get involved in the actual gameplay and even tho my pc was playing the game, i'd be to bored of it to even go near it myself lol.
autoplay causes users to either create a ton of 'bot' accounts to farm for them to remain super active, or it makes the user less involved with your server / game and they dont even bother to really play it (and leave soon after)

Reactions: Lose

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
yes but don't make it free to use like on oldskool add timer to it so players can collect AFK card 1 hour this then will allow you one hour off afk auto hunting time maybe have 2 hours free each day also then after them 2 hours if u want to use auto u need to extend the time afk card can then come from mobs boss drops or hate to say it buy even in gameshop

Scampi

Banned
Banned
Mar 23, 2009
The people saying that 5-10% of their characters play time has been under their control or play other games whilst the character auto plays speaks volumes.

Reactions: Shyfx

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
The people saying that 5-10% of their characters play time has been under their control or play other games whilst the character auto plays speaks volumes.
seems to be people who dont want to actually play the game lol

Reactions: Scampi

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
thats because your all going off oldskools auto hunting mode what is free to use 24/7 if they added timer to it then most people could not then afk 24/7 and play other games

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
thats because your all going off oldskools auto hunting mode what is free to use 24/7 if they added timer to it then most people could not then afk 24/7 and play other games
yeah but if you earn auto, you may aswell just earn double exp or something while offline so when you do play you have a good stack of exp buff lol

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
yeah but if you earn auto, you may aswell just earn double exp or something while offline so when you do play you have a good stack of exp buff lol
at least this way u cannot be afk 24/7 and if you was to just earn double exp when offline people are then just going to go offline play another game anyways then go back to play mir with double exp so not much difference from the free auto mode on oldskool

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
at least this way u cannot be afk 24/7 and if you was to just earn double exp when offline people are then just going to go offline play another game anyways then go back to play mir with double exp so not much difference from the free auto mode on oldskool
not really when you have to be offline for a set amount of time to earn so much double exp then it wears off after gaining so much like it does on wow when you rest in a inn