[Discussion] - AutoPlay Opinions

Autoplay: Yes or No?

• Total voters

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Personally our guild on OS autoplay during work / sleep times but we all have set times that we are around for war / bossing etc. I feel like if you are playing other games then you weren't that interested in the server in the first place as its way quicker to level manually than autoplay.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
People have been auto playing mir for years now in one way or another with macros and paid levellers if you not doing it yourself manually then your auto playing. Even some of the people saying no to it on here I've see using macros so bit hypocritical for them to say no to the feature because the only reason to do so for them is because they don't want that fair playing field to be availible to everyone else.

As other have said oldschools numbers speak for themselves really and imo only a small part of the players are on the game because of the auto the reason they stay and may even have started playing is because the owner and his team put in a lot of time and effort tweaking, and adding stuff more so than half-assed GM's like Jesus who just rerelease the same old crap every few months to milk the cash from the chumps on lomcn.

I think 8 hours a day auto being earnable is fair and you can store up to 2 days worth this would allow for anyone who works to have a fair shake at any server but again I think if any server uses auto play then they need other features within the game to offset the auto part and enguage the players to keep them interested and give them something to aim for.

Reactions: NoLife999

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
that's what i was saying also but everyone seems to be base it off the one and only server that has it and is FREE to use 24/7 if its time limited you cannot afk all the hours in the world u wont to be able to play other games ect and just run mir afk in the background
People have been auto playing mir for years now in one way or another with macros and paid levellers if you not doing it yourself manually then your auto playing. Even some of the people saying no to it on here I've see using macros so bit hypocritical for them to say no to the feature because the only reason to do so for them is because they don't want that fair playing field to be availible to everyone else.

As other have said oldschools numbers speak for themselves really and imo only a small part of the players are on the game because of the auto the reason they stay and may even have started playing is because the owner and his team put in a lot of time and effort tweaking, and adding stuff more so than half-assed GM's like Jesus who just rerelease the same old crap every few months to milk the cash from the chumps on lomcn.

I think 8 hours a day auto being earnable is fair and you can store up to 2 days worth this would allow for anyone who works to have a fair shake at any server but again I think if any server uses auto play then they need other features within the game to offset the auto part and enguage the players to keep them interested and give them something to aim for.

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
Garbage feature, brought to you by those with a predatory monetization agenda. - (edit: not directed at OldSkool)

Don't skip the grind. Play the game.

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
Garbage feature, brought to you by those with a predatory monetization agenda. - (edit: not directed at OldSkool)

Don't skip the grind. Play the game.
The grind is all part of the nostalgia for me to a degree.

It's fun to have something to grind for that has meaningful rewards.

Reactions: Sanjian and Jev