[DM2] Mirroring

markflynn1984

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 22, 2003
Manchester UK
Ok I have added Mirroring onto my server for both warriors and taoist the clone load up fine behind me wearing my items etc but they do not attack anyone know why??

they are set up in the monsterDB as 142 0 2400

they work fine for the wizards.

thanks

mark

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
mirroring is a wizard spell, the wizard clone uses thunderbolt to attack and well it'll only use thunderbolt if the person who 'spawned' the clone had thunderbolt at the time he used the spell :p

Upvote 0

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
mirroring is a wizard spell, the wizard clone uses thunderbolt to attack and well it'll only use thunderbolt if the person who 'spawned' the clone had thunderbolt at the time he used the spell :p

That'd explain why my mirroring wasn't working on my test server, thought i was going to have to fix that too.

Your the best :D

/Ash

Upvote 0

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
so if i give my war and tao a spell called cloneattackbolt it wud work?

If you gave them both the Thunderbolt attack, then it might possibly work, but i'm not sure how the Mirroring is coded, maybe its coded to check if the class is a wizard, so it may not be as simple as that, just try.

/Ash

Upvote 0

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Would it be an idea to not use the mirroring skill and just make a QFunction command so when a warrior/tao uses their special item with looks of a book that it will add them to a list so that they are able to use a custom command to spawn a clone?

Also the added advantage of this method is that you can make the clone not have to use T Bolt instead have a warrior 'hitting' type clone which is in TDs db named Clone2.

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
mhh dave you saying i ****ed up and allowed the war clone to be summoned from qfunction npc? i could have sworn i disabled that

Upvote 0