[DM2] Ready made server files?

Join Discord

ImapsI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2004
[DM2] Server!

Urm I was just wondering why there hasnt been a Complete Server file package put together with all the latest working stuff, normally some 1 woulda just rar'd up one of there working modern servers and stuck there name on it by now ^.^

would be nice to get hold of one that didnt mean adding a bunch of things

meh, im just lazy

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
Re: [DM2] Server!

Originally Posted by ImapsI
meh, im just lazy

You said it. Why not just do it yourself, don't be lazy - we won't do your work for you. That's not what we're here for.

I'll probably recieve an infraction here... but it's the truth.

Upvote 0

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004

Well now theres such a varied spread in what people have done, its not like when we were jumping off all the chinese releases and we had good sets of files together for large amounts of times.

With the sources everyone goes in their own direction, and i don't beleive theres one set of files exactly like euro yet. (As far as i know, i don't pay too much attention to Mir things anymore) Although if there is somewhere out there, then their not being released as half of the community don't give recognition half of the time.

I also think they don't just bang some files together because, this way it gives people time to work on the files and learn a little, befor they bang 50x Exp rate and put up new servers every 20 seconds.

If there were files ready to use for everyone, then we'd be back at square one, relying on others coding so we could use, but it's much better allowing us all to learn a little bit of coding and do what we want with our files and have a bigger understanding of them in general.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.

/Ash

Upvote 0

ImapsI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2004

Well now theres such a varied spread in what people have done, its not like when we were jumping off all the chinese releases and we had good sets of files together for large amounts of times.

With the sources everyone goes in their own direction, and i don't beleive theres one set of files exactly like euro yet. (As far as i know, i don't pay too much attention to Mir things anymore) Although if there is somewhere out there, then their not being released as half of the community don't give recognition half of the time.

I also think they don't just bang some files together because, this way it gives people time to work on the files and learn a little, befor they bang 50x Exp rate and put up new servers every 20 seconds.

If there were files ready to use for everyone, then we'd be back at square one, relying on others coding so we could use, but it's much better allowing us all to learn a little bit of coding and do what we want with our files and have a bigger understanding of them in general.

/Ash

Thats quite a decent reply :P

i was just grumbling because i hadnt got it working yet lol ^.^

its just alot for a user that hasnt done this sorta thing for a while, thats all i was getting at really, and again grumbling a bit, im used to gd old 1.4 stuff.

Alas my server files are coming together now, all should be good soon enough.

Upvote 0

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003

/Ash

90% of the servers online atm still rely on another person coding the files
just nobody bothers to release a set of files cause well the only ppl who have sets are the hosts who dont want to increase competition so :p

Upvote 0

Akuma

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 6, 2006
im using td files as i have no idea about coding tried it and nothing lol, from my opinion m8 use td files his are real tasty, real nice features and im sure many mre to come, its easy to set them up if i can ne1 can lol

he has an updates.doc in his files, if u follow them then ur flying if not, well thats were ur problems begin

Very Gracious thedeath

VirUs

Upvote 0