Votes: 26 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 20.5%

• Total voters

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
Will give it ago, shame it had sin hate the new classes.

Hope it doesn’t have heros

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
coming back to mir coding after many years break its sad to see the delphi side die :( I do love delphi I coded in that language since mid 90s maybe it would be possible to get the source files working with the very lastest delphi 10.4 but that would take time and alot of convertion but then agen you got to ask yourself would it be worth the time since the C# version is way more updated then the older delphi but then agen to let the original base source die is upsetting am getting the mir bug agen after seeing some videos so who knows maybe ill start a new delphi project I think have the dragon chronicles files on a dvd some were.

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007
coming back to mir coding after many years break its sad to see the delphi side die :( I do love delphi I coded in that language since mid 90s maybe it would be possible to get the source files working with the very lastest delphi 10.4 but that would take time and alot of convertion but then agen you got to ask yourself would it be worth the time since the C# version is way more updated then the older delphi but then agen to let the original base source die is upsetting am getting the mir bug agen after seeing some videos so who knows maybe ill start a new delphi project I think have the dragon chronicles files on a dvd some were.

oh okay!

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
after about 20mins I have a rebuild SelGate using Delphi 10.4 fully converted to Unicode and no longer using outdated tclientsocket its now running with overbyte sockets that should fix any TCP issues. also updated server GUI a little so it can now be minimized to system tray.

just got to do all the other servers now haha

image_2020-12-24_195457.png

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
after about 20mins I have a rebuild SelGate using Delphi 10.4 fully converted to Unicode and no longer using outdated tclientsocket its now running with overbyte sockets that should fix any TCP issues. also updated server GUI a little so it can now be minimized to system tray.

just got to do all the other servers now haha

Nice work, I tried the same thing a few years ago but when i got to the M2Server and RunGate it seemingly turned into a neverending rabbit hole

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nice work, I tried the same thing a few years ago but when i got to the M2Server and RunGate it seemingly turned into a neverending rabbit hole

hardest part will be client as ill have to change way WeMade Vcls work but since am in Lockdown in england and its holidays I got abit of free time to mess around if i can get it working then ill release it if not then it just stay dead no big issue really coding is about solving problems :)

Colin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
only if they fix the stupid luck 7 thing. stop the sins from ruling the server(and every other server for that matter - shows they are all out of sync with basic game), unleash the power of wiz and take the manacles from taos.

MaNnY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
This deffo needs putting back up reset. Best server to date

Reactions: ventus

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
working on database / M2Server then thats all servers converted to lastest delphi so makes it much easyer to for people to start working on it and getting it going once more it will work on the free community edition of delphi also as i used all standard vcls only 3rd party vcl is overbyte but thats easy downloaded :)

Reactions: ventus and zedina

MaNnY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
@Lilcooldoode to keep the acem2 files alive, have you not thought about sharing it with the community? They have had the highest user count to date from a private server

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
@Lilcooldoode to keep the acem2 files alive, have you not thought about sharing it with the community? They have had the highest user count to date from a private server

sad to see so many good sources die over time, but i understand why because c# was a free download so was a better option for new coders while delphi you had to buy it or download older versions like delphi 6/7 but now we have a free community edition who knows :)

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
sad to see so many good sources die over time, but i understand why because c# was a free download so was a better option for new coders while delphi you had to buy it or download older versions like delphi 6/7 but now we have a free community edition who knows :)

Some people also hate Delphi and very much prefer C# over it.

Reactions: Tai

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Some people also hate Delphi and very much prefer C# over it.
that is true delphi has a love hate relationship with some coders, as for me i love delphi been coding in delphi since delphi 2 it can do so much and newer verison is nice converting to latest IDE is the way to go as it can open servers upto mulit platforms so on

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
Delphi is a great language and don't understand the hate, there have been a lot of modern features added over the years including regular expressions... C# is also great though, no shock really - created by the same person.

Took me few hours to convert and test the m2server to work with the latest Delphi.
Most of the work is Unicode related yes.

The biggest obstacle I had was figuring out all the new systems since the SQL scripts were missing.

Also as I recall their were a fair few memory leaks too so be sure to enable tracking for them :)

Simon180

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2006
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Delphi is a great language and don't understand the hate, there have been a lot of modern features added over the years including regular expressions... C# is also great though, no shock really - created by the same person.

Took me few hours to convert and test the m2server to work with the latest Delphi.
Most of the work is Unicode related yes.

The biggest obstacle I had was figuring out all the new systems since the SQL scripts were missing.

Also as I recall their were a fair few memory leaks too so be sure to enable tracking for them :)

holy sh*t damian :D do you ever check your skype!

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
ill be posting under this name and not WPGN, since i remembered my password :D

notice how u say ur a geordie on the simon account and you ain't had 1 like, yet had 9 on someone not even known :eek:
coincidence maybe ^^