Does the number of XP matter to you?

smoochy boys on tour

Does it matter the number of XP is given?

• No, aslong as the % is still decent.

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Yes, the more digits the better.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Well, let me explain. Even the lowest of low rate servers these days still over 1000's of exp per mob, for very little %. Having such a high xp number complicates things, so i am planning on changing it abit for my server.

Basically, i'm going to make all the xp as low as possible, but still have it as a mid rate server.

Example, starting level = 36, exp for level = 1000, Wooma = 10xp but still gives 1%

OR

Starting level = 36, exp for level = 10000000, wooma = 100000xp, but still gives 1%

So my question is, does it matter to you what number the xp is as long as it still gives a good %? My answer would be no, it doesnt matter, but i know alot of mir players today seem to have it stuck in their head that "the bigger the numbers the better".

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
as long as you reduce the amount of exp gained from lower level mobs, i cant see why not.
otherwize you would have people killing lower lvl mobs for slightly less exp, using less mana / time and gaining overall more exp.

another thing to factor in, alot of mir players are very short sighted, they will log in kill a mob see "1exp gained" and think screw this, its too slow.

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
as long as you reduce the amount of exp gained from lower level mobs, i cant see why not.
otherwize you would have people killing lower lvl mobs for slightly less exp, using less mana / time and gaining overall more exp.

another thing to factor in, alot of mir players are very short sighted, they will log in kill a mob see "1exp gained" and think screw this, its too slow.

Yea thats what i was thinking, thats why i created this pole. I'm perfectly happy with keeping it with high numbers, but it means alot more tweaking will need to be done to get the right amount of exp. The lower the number the easier it is to predict how slow/fast levelling ill be.

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
there is still a cap for mas exp required of like 40b

so the higher the exp a mob gives out and to keep it just you need to up the req exp... the higher that is the less levels you have untill the cap is hit. if that makes sense lol. imo i would have low exp mobs and reduce the level requirments to still suit.

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
there is still a cap for mas exp required of like 40b

so the higher the exp a mob gives out and to keep it just you need to up the req exp... the higher that is the less levels you have untill the cap is hit. if that makes sense lol. imo i would have low exp mobs and reduce the level requirments to still suit.

Thats what i want to do, but worried people will kill one mob, go "oh what only 100 xp? im off cya"

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Imo the higher the exp, makes levelling seem worse.

When I kill 50 mobs at 300,000 EXP each, and I do 0.10 EXP jus tseems like its way too hard to level lol.

Never realised why people make EXP so high, yet exp to level, is also so high.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
no it dont matter, and on a high rate its a very good idea to lower the EXP needed but also lower the EXP from mobs,

well worth it, its wot i tried to do on OS, as on high rates ppl power thro the levels fast, and the max EXP i think is like 40bil... which u get to pretty fast lol