Donation Thing!

Join Discord

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
Is legend of mir2 private servers allowed donation systems?

If they rnt are they allowed to be advertised on forums as i see from posts a few have been banned to advertise due to this.

Thanks, Thats all i ask.

mapadale

Is legend of mir2 private servers allowed donation systems?

If they rnt are they allowed to be advertised on forums as i see from posts a few have been banned to advertise due to this.

Thanks, Thats all i ask.

GLOBAL FORUM RULES

Servers where donations are accepted are allowed to advertise on LOMCN. But where servers accept donations and players can choose items are not allowed to advertise on LOMCN.

Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
So why the fk did MeRiToRiOuS get deleted please?
Players didnt have a choice of items

There was set donation items.

Upvote 0

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
So why the fk did MeRiToRiOuS get deleted please?
Players didnt have a choice of items

There was set donation items.

Well when i read his post i got the impression that if you give items for cash it's not allowed on LomCN, an item is an item whether it's a set list or not

Upvote 0

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I think the problem is its difficult to have a set rule as its largely a judgment thing.

If the servers the same one that has been seen up 2-3 times before (new name or not) and has taken and kept donations from them failed servers then its obvious something is up.

If the server has been up for a long time, is properly hosted on a dedi and has a right to ask for money to cover costs then imo donations are fair (too an extent).

Basically if a server appears to revolve around donations from the start with apparently very little costs then the owners are in it simply for the money.

Remember the forum is here to promote private servers, if every server is going up, taking in donations and then closing again then the state of servers will only decline.

Upvote 0

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
Donations....2 things i have to say here...

1#
"Please donate just 2£ a month to the RSPCA" << do you expect a good stated pet IRL when u donate to the RSPCA... no thaught not.

2#
IF you donate only for the item ur recieving, did u kno that leagaly u cannot own that item???...Allso its a peace of data...stop trying to buy your way to the top and play the F'ing game properly.

IMO, you only want to donate to a server if YOU think your going to stay and play long term, and this dose not meen in exchange of an item...

p.s this is just my opinion. liandrin hit the nail on the head, i just wanted my morning moan lol xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
to be fair, Every MMORPG has donation stuff on them 1 way or another, If it dont its a PVP server which wont last long, i agree with you andy

Upvote 0

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006
to be fair, Every MMORPG has donation stuff on them 1 way or another, If it dont its a PVP server which wont last long, i agree with you andy

This is true but it allso dipends on the players to how long it lasts xD

and in answer to your origanel question, IMO only accept donations from IRL mates and/or ppl u kno and trust as if thay were an IRL mate..
Saying that allso make sure thay kno its for the good of the server and not for the good of there char lol

Upvote 0

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
yer lol, Close mates wudnt give money if they know your just gonner go to the pub or something lol

But still cudnt let just them and others not, Kinda Currupt so lol... have to let every1 help out or dont let no1 :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
to be fair, Every MMORPG has donation stuff on them 1 way or another
BUT,
all those other mmorpg games that have item shops/donations etc, are also games hosted by the OWNERS/CREATORS of the game, and rightfully so have these sytems in place. (takes place of paying monthly for pay to play, but you can still play if you don't buy things.)
I'm not talking about the other "private" server games where people are clearly in it for the money off someone else's creation.
As for Mir2 private servers, donations are not needed imho. If someone can't afford to host, then why do it? Stop acting like "your doing it for the community", no one needs your server to be up, there will always be one to play, lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
There's nothing wrong in accepting donations if a server is hosted on a dedi imo but i do not agree with making items to sell one little bit. Banned chars and items ye fair enough use them to cover some costs, and small things like exp pills. Noone should have to pay for a dedi by themselves, lets not forget the server owner puts all the work in too why should he/she have to pay

Upvote 0

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
There's nothing wrong in accepting donations if a server is hosted on a dedi imo but i do not agree with making items to sell one little bit. Banned chars and items ye fair enough use them to cover some costs, and small things like exp pills. Noone should have to pay for a dedi by themselves, lets not forget the server owner puts all the work in too why should he/she have to pay

BUT,
all those other mmorpg games that have item shops/donations etc, are also games hosted by the OWNERS/CREATORS of the game, and rightfully so have these sytems in place. (takes place of paying monthly for pay to play, but you can still play if you don't buy things.)
I'm not talking about the other "private" server games where people are clearly in it for the money off someone else's creation.
As for Mir2 private servers, donations are not needed imho. If someone can't afford to host, then why do it? Stop acting like "your doing it for the community", no one needs your server to be up, there will always be one to play, lol

again as I said above, if you can't afford/don't put a server up ffs. simple.
there has been enough 2 week to 2 month servers put out.
These "costs" are all self inflicted, gun to your head?

Upvote 0

Spoon666

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 12, 2005
South West Wales
I repeat why should the server host have to pay? Players can tell if the server is worth donating to or not. If it's a well run, well thought server then within reason small donations should be expected imo

Upvote 0

AGAMISUNCMOL

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2008
And players who make MIR server OFFICIAL who DON'T have here advertising here was banned, for no reason, just like that...who have free or paying play(player choise). OK doesnt mater...

AgamisouLOMCN

Upvote 0

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
And players who make MIR server OFFICIAL who DON'T have here advertising here was banned, for no reason, just like that...who have free or paying play(player choise). OK doesnt mater...

AgamisouLOMCN

can some1 ban this idiot pls ?
ty

Upvote 0