DragonNet-Reborn-

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade ll

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 22, 2004
Canada BC
My older brother is planning to bring back DragonNet. Some might remember it from a few years past. Basically the rates will be around 2-3x normal maximum. Hes been working on it for awhile now...Retranslating npcs into better english/adding new sets/fixing up dropfiles.

ETA I would say is 2 weeks to a month until he can get a presentable server puttogether. This is not high rate crap which you will get sick of in a day, it shall be low rate long term server.

Start level = 1
start gold = 200-500 gold

Hosting

Bro has a dedicated box 2.4ghz 1024DDR 20GBHD + External if he needs it.
Connection will be 10mbit.
And it will be hosted from Canada,BC^^.
So far its been about 2 weeks of testing , fixing things up, getting the files ready for the players.

He will be needing mirrors for the massive client.(we cant afford that much bandwidth with our current budget.

Thats all for now

Update*
Things are going smoothly, I will tell my bro to get on here and post somemore info for you guys but hes been busy as hell the past while. (my bro = Aleano)

Last edited:

LegendOfMir3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2005
LegendOfMir3
Blade ll said:
My older brother is planning to bring back DragonNet. Some might remember it from a few years past. Basically the rates will be around 2-3x normal maximum. Hes been working on it for awhile now...Retranslating npcs into better english/adding new sets/fixing up dropfiles.

ETA I would say is 2 weeks to a month until he can get a presentable server puttogether. This is not high rate crap which you will get sick of in a day, it shall be low rate long term server.

Start level = 1
start gold = 200-500 gold

Hosting

Bro has a dedicated box 2.4ghz 1024DDR 20GBHD + External if he needs it.
Connection will be 10mbit.
And it will be hosted from Canada,BC^^.
So far its been about 2 weeks of testing , fixing things up, getting the files ready for the players.

He will be needing mirrors for the massive client.(we cant afford that much bandwidth with our current budget.

Thats all for now
thats not the dragonnet i remember it was x10 server hight rate and wasnt crap it had alot of players x2-x3......u should change the name tbh its not dnet

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
idd i agree, the dragonnet i remember doesnt sound like the post u just posted tbh
start gold was about 100k

MrsIce

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 29, 2004
this is no way near the real D-Net D-net was one of the 1or2 1st best mir 3 server's out.

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
well not the best cause of the pking n all but it was oke wuahah;)
P.S. tell us some more about the server ?
wld be great cause if i see it like this i wld just think its an standard euro look a like server based on some higher exp.
which in this case the 1 and only D-Net wasnt ;) the D-Net we all know wasnt a standard server at all....

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you cant call a server by the same name and give it the same exp and call it a 'bring back'

different files, different users, probably different maps. its a completely new server.

just call it a new name and make it a new server.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
tbh all server that are out on mir3 are **** exp like 2-3x if u made this 5-10x u whould get everyone on ur server that likes high exp and we out number the lower exp

D-GoN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2005
server sounds nice will it be job or ptw?
btw low exp is good and only cause there are a few low rate servers dont say we dont need another one there is always something you can do better then the other servers

aleano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Canada
LegendOfMir3 said:
thats not the dragonnet i remember it was x10 server hight rate and wasnt crap it had alot of players x2-x3......u should change the name tbh its not dnet

DragonNet Reborn = A new beginning.

Me and a few others were the first people to ever play on DragonNet, for the first year or so of its life, it was a low rate server. Then later on as time passed Zen. changed things around and alot of the oldschoolers left. Eg. Me, Kaoii,RuffRyder,ScorpianX,DooZer,Tori, so many others I cannot remember.

As for the experience rate... I will think about it. But just so you know, I am a fan of lowrate servers. (Most of you knew me in the past know that^^)

Last edited:

peppe

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 30, 2004
go with x4 m8 as izar has been up nearly a year and they got lvl 58s thats nearly completing the server yes? then u name a new char with good items thats sound good and clear to me. try that 1 exp 4 will do you better=]

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
aleano said:
DragonNet Reborn = A new beginning.

Me and a few others were the first people to ever play on DragonNet, for the first year or so of its life, it was a low rate server. Then later on as time passed Zen. changed things around and alot of the oldschoolers left. Eg. Me, Kaoii,RuffRyder,ScorpianX,DooZer,Tori, so many others I cannot remember.

As for the experience rate... I will think about it. But just so you know, I am a fan of lowrate servers. (Most of you knew me in the past know that^^)
I thought DooZer got banned or hacked or something ;s

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
Old DNet ftw, the only mir3 server i really got into, MI/AO pwned it lol :P Akc, Snova, Skully, Karl, and me :P that was a great time lol *not that i did a lot .. i usually just watched the big fights* It was a reasonably high stat server and the startgold .. was low lol it wasnt like 100k.. i cant really remember but it was a great long term server bring back the old days

aleano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Canada
DeMiX™ said:
Old DNet ftw, the only mir3 server i really got into, MI/AO pwned it lol :P Akc, Snova, Skully, Karl, and me :P that was a great time lol *not that i did a lot .. i usually just watched the big fights* It was a reasonably high stat server and the startgold .. was low lol it wasnt like 100k.. i cant really remember but it was a great long term server bring back the old days

Yeah it turned into a highrate later on. Well actually the exp rates gradually went up from 1x-3x-5x-8x-10x. One of the reasons some people left... The oldies who had been there from the start worked hard to get their levels, and the new people got to the same levels as the oldies within days. Oldies felt it was totally unfair and there was nothing they could do... so some quit and some kept playing.

After a year I returned and saw the state of the server, all these level 45+ people running around hah. That was the time I started Illusion Mir 2 aside Zenith. As the domain was illusiondragon.net , we decided to get a mir 2 server up and call it Illusion. (Didn't go so well due to a major bug found serverside)

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
why not have exp like this

roundtowns,mines,oma exp 3xs
and the harder places like zuma st 4xs
and oasis rme x6
and ur added mobs and maps what ever exp u got
then exp isnt daftly high it just incresses when u get stronge enouth to go to harder places just an idear btw is this gunna be a job server?

D-GoN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2005
na job is cool i like the maps and the snowball fight event xD

aleano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Canada
Sorlag said:
job is a piece of ****
It all depends on what you like... I like the classic job style maps. There are tuns of people who would disagree with your statement.

Vyse said:
why not have exp like this

roundtowns,mines,oma exp 3xs
and the harder places like zuma st 4xs
and oasis rme x6
and ur added mobs and maps what ever exp u got
then exp isnt daftly high it just incresses when u get stronge enouth to go to harder places just an idear btw is this gunna be a job server?

Of course the server is JOB, using 1.7 fully patched client. (Which I will be hosting for people who want to play.) As for the exp, I will arrange exp so leveling won't be too easy or too hard. But for the lazy people out there who are expecting to get level 50+ within a week, this server isn't for you.
In my opinion these mir 2-3 high rate servers kill MIR by making players get tired of the game too quickly. Which leads to wanting more and more when theres already more then enough to be happy with. (Game content wise)

Last edited:

aleano

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Canada
peppe said:
u say open berta is in 2weeks is there any testing b4

Of course. I will ask for anyone wanting to test to pm me, and I will link them to the account creation page. But not yet, so do not send any pms yet. (Already have a crapload of people asking for testing)

peppe

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 30, 2004
so its a job server then.. i dont really like job but it will do (bro pc can handle it)

Status
Not open for further replies.