Driving examiners

Join Discord

RightGuard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2005
Right, is it me... or is 70% of the passing grade for driving who you get stuck with?

I had my practical test this morning, and failed. Fair enough... but:

This guy was a complete prick, he wouldn't actually hold conversation, and he didn't even tell me his name. It's a horrible day and it's pissing with rain, the guy failed me because my demister for the back window wasn't working, fair enough... but he refused to drive back with me, he made me park my car 3 miles from the test centre in the pouring rain and walk back to the centre with him, to then have to get my dad and walk all the way back to the car. Wait, no, to be fair, he did say "I hope you know it's illegal to drive this car back on your own" to which I replied "No, I didn't, because I’m retarded"... don't think he took that well, but he had already failed me so **** it. He didn't bother to ask if I wanted to rebook, just showed me where my car was on the map, and didn’t even say sorry.

Now, I like people... people are nice, but surely it's not just me that thinks that was a litttllllle ****ish?

I swear the examiners get to keep the £45 if you fail; it's the only logical answer. Either that or he was just annoyed because he had to work over Christmas.

/A very frustrated Sawell

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
After i passed my driving test i spoke to my instructor and he said hes had tails off such pricks. The fact that yours wouldnt even let you drive back to the test centre is outragous and im pretty sure thats not procedure. But unfotunatly that is life and you can be pretty sure you will meet such pricks again at some time. Good luck for your next test.

P.S passong your driving test is down to luck, its all about what happens on the day, if it had been bright sunshine then you may of passed.

P.S.S was it your instructors car or your own car? If it was your instructors then he is to blame as its his responsibility that the car is working.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
They suck, failed my second one, instructor was a prick, im not violent, never have been, but this guy riled me up sooo badly, at the end, i wanted o hit him, had my fist's clenched, but as always, i kept my cool, and just told him to go away. i also lodged a complaint.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
They just see young lads and bring out the attitude as they know they are the one's incontrol of the outcome and take whatever tone they want. Too be honest if one pis sed me of so much id end up saying something to them but even lodging a complaint will most likely be over-looked its the same as the police, aragant mofo's.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
>DMX< said:
its the same as the police, aragant mofo's.
i found police alrite actually, whenever i got busted by police two or three times it is now, they have just been great about things, and just stopped and chatted to me and my mates about everything, sounds like you got unlucky webby

and sorry to hear you failed Sawell, my sister said same thing, (altho she passed) that her instructor was an asshole to her, and took his arrogant tone with her

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
kud125 said:
i found police alrite actually, whenever i got busted by police two or three times it is now, they have just been great about things, and just stopped and chatted to me and my mates about everything, sounds like you got unlucky webby

and sorry to hear you failed Sawell, my sister said same thing, (altho she passed) that her instructor was an asshole to her, and took his arrogant tone with her

Might just be the area difference and most likely because of the way i dress lol. Some are ok same as driving examiners but the majority around here have a attitude problem.

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
i got a sound guy and he passed me, held a convo n everything, i guess i got lucky, even thou i took it at the place with a 1/20 odd pass rate :-\

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
I had a bit of a ***** as my examiner, and the annoying thing was, she was one of my dads patients, and knew him very well (my dads a gp) and she was still a a ***** to me :/

asda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2003
my one liked to park his bike up the dirt track, or so everyone said.

I failed the first time and heres why, going STRAIGHT on at a roundabout and I didnt indicate to pull off, even tho i was going in a pretty much straight line. And I only had 3 minors at the end.

Few weeks later I had the same instructor and same test route so obviously I passed. But I was friggin anoyed by that. I wasted another 80 quid but because I didnt flick a switch and tbh I didnt need too.

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
Really depends on how big the round about is for that one asda, dont know if this has happened anywhere but a couple of years back our council went nuts and just started putting these stupid little rounabout everywhere, little lumps of white which most people drive over, you can get away with not indicating on them but if its a big one then you have to indicate.

Its strange i dont know one person that has passed there driving test this month in my area, i know of a bout 15 that have failed ranging from 17yr olds to 40 yr olds.

I heard a rumour that each test centre can only pass a certain amount of people each year, so it makes sense that december would be a **** month to take your test.

I should be taking my test about mid feb. Cant wait seeing as i already have a car.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
RightGuard said:
Right, is it me... or is 70% of the passing grade for driving who you get stuck with?

I had my practical test this morning, and failed. Fair enough... but:

This guy was a complete prick, he wouldn't actually hold conversation, and he didn't even tell me his name. It's a horrible day and it's pissing with rain, the guy failed me because my demister for the back window wasn't working, fair enough... but he refused to drive back with me, he made me park my car 3 miles from the test centre in the pouring rain and walk back to the centre with him, to then have to get my dad and walk all the way back to the car. Wait, no, to be fair, he did say "I hope you know it's illegal to drive this car back on your own" to which I replied "No, I didn't, because I’m retarded"... don't think he took that well, but he had already failed me so **** it. He didn't bother to ask if I wanted to rebook, just showed me where my car was on the map, and didn’t even say sorry.

Now, I like people... people are nice, but surely it's not just me that thinks that was a litttllllle ****ish?

I swear the examiners get to keep the £45 if you fail; it's the only logical answer. Either that or he was just annoyed because he had to work over Christmas.

/A very frustrated Sawell

Thats not too bad considering what they can do. My instructor has told me stories of times where the lad or ladess taking the test has accidently hit another car or a person and the exmainer has just got out of the car and walked away. And theyre allowed to do that. :O