Drop chance...

smoochy boys on tour

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
Ok I am going to try and get at what I mean with out sounding like a complete spack :punch:

Any way.. I know the drop chance is done by 1/10 and in theory 1 in 10 should drop, can work that you get 10 out of 10 and 0 out of 10 I understand this....

But what would be considered, the below

Very very very low chance of dropping only a few would be on server due to how low it is
Lowish chance, there will be a for more than the about
Medium chance of dropping, rather common
High chance of dropping more common

Like I said I know this is a spack question but on one server something was set to 1/8000 and apparently that was classed as a high drop? I dont want to mess up drops and every one have uber stuff, a while of releasing server but if I can do these little bits now will make life easier -.-

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
I guess it depends on how often you expect these bosses to be killed? If they're are going to be killed every r/s a peice of piss then uber rare items will drop quite quickly I guess. But if they're things that wont die every rs and are hard to kill mobs then it would be ok.

Hope that sorta helps as I dnt rly know much server wise lol

Upvote 0

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
I guess it depends on how often you expect these bosses to be killed? If they're are going to be killed every r/s a peice of piss then uber rare items will drop quite quickly I guess. But if they're things that wont die every rs and are hard to kill mobs then it would be ok.

Hope that sorta helps as I dnt rly know much server wise lol

Yea I get what your saying, I was going to have that with some really really hard bosses, but on ones which will be killed every hour I want people to have a chance of a "uber rare" but not sure what to do as I thought 1/8000 sounded quiet low -.-

Upvote 0

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
1/8000 chance lmao, basicly if you kill 8000 of the bosses the item should drop once.. thats wot it means.. lol thats a very low drop

Upvote 0

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
I know what it means noisound mate, I said that in my first post. Yes 1/8000 does sound like not many will drop, but when people have had experience with that chance before and loads of the items were about... This is what I am getting it.

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
not to sure but i think you can change the drop rate also in M2Server but aint sure check it out dude.

Upvote 0

Elise

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2008
North East
You have to bare in mind the spawn rates, eg. If you have a boss that drops a para 1 in 8000 but spawns every 15 minutes, 1 in 8000 is not that rare, rare but not uber rare.

Upvote 0

Thanatos

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 26, 2003
Sheffield
i believe tele ring off wt on euro mir was 1/1000,

2 hour spawn, wasnt many ingame at all, thats what id use as my reference point.

the more bosses u add it too tho, in the same idea, the less rare it will be,

if theres 2 bosses that spawn every 2 hours that drop tele ring at 1/1000

that chance every 2 hours of bosses becomes 1/500,

if im right, a tele ring with the 1/500 if killed every spawn should drop every 41 days on average

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
all depends on how fast ur boss's spawn, how often their killed, the user count.. etc etc.. u can only learn from experience

i 1st had stuff like heaven armour off ZT that spawned every 10mins at 1/2000... along with loads of other stuff aswell obv but that droped quite a lot... when user count was around 50 there were about 4-8 ingame.. but then again... mtk / bl / wt etc had similar drop rate aswell

i have most boss's dropin para on OS at about 1/8k - 1/12k for the noob boss's liek ZT etc, then around 1k for the rly hard boss's and just work up from there

but like i say... when theres like 30-40 boss's that can drop a para, and they all have rates between 1/1000 to 1/10000 it aitn that bad

if an item only droped off 1 boss and was 1/8k... then ye thats gonna be pretty rare.

OS items r like 1/12k to 1/20k, plenty of them droped. id just set em high ish then adjust as server progress's

for normal mobs... it again depends if ppl will be mass killin like 30 odd per min or something, then id put it at about 1/200k for a rare.
i got OS items at about 1/1mil and i think only 1 or 2 have droped off normal mobs, but every mob ingame can drop em, so its more like 1k/1mil lol

hope that helps

Upvote 0

Thanatos

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 26, 2003
Sheffield
just add somthing to this,

to get exactly best results at exactly what u want
rather then doing one boss at a time, id do one item at a time.

this way u can work out how many exactly drop.

thats the way i do it neway.

Upvote 0