easiest way to connect 2 PC's

booom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2003
greetings Army of Geeks ! :P

now how do i connect 2 PC's on a network in the easiest means and stuff !

like what do i need and what do i do ?

and by easiest i mean EASIEST !

not gunna buy a hub or whatsoever it is called lol

:)

BTW XP pro on both

UnseenPower

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2003
buy a router, thats all i know. cant really host alot of games i believe.

lam0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2003
I'd say the normal ICS. buy a crossover cable (must be crossover) and 2 network cards, instal the cards, link the pcs, run the wizard, whoosh :x

Genrou Kuma

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 22, 2003
thought it was 3 NWC 2 for host(recieveing and sending) and one for the secondary computer

LeoCrasher

He said the easiest way.

Get a parallel or serial cable, join to either computers and make the connection.

/Leo

lam0r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2003
Deathsfear said:
thought it was 3 NWC 2 for host(recieveing and sending) and one for the secondary computer
depending on his connection and ISP his computer should already have a NIC (mine did as i have broadband) and a cable links that NIC to my broadband modem. there should be another one installed in the same computer and one installed in the other computer which are linked together, the internet card(if he has one) isn't necessary as he might have a 56k modem already in his mobo nad using that

Caliden

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003
yup serial cable is easiest. it plugs into the printer port on both pc's. gr8 for playing games not so gr8 for transferring files. xp pro wizards are great for it.

jason987

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 24, 2003
network

I must agree with ICS with ethernet

That is how mines connected and is EASY and CHEAP

All u need is a network card - could b in motherboard allready

link an ethernet between 2 comps and run wizard

i find that serial cable isnt very good for games as its slower -> more lag and its harder to share the internet

When I use ethernet its a lot faster compared to other and you can buy kits which have all you need (if you dont alreaady have network cards in mobo)