Edens Elite Returns!

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notwhatyouthink

Banned
Banned
May 7, 2018
Why is this even allowed?

Other cash cow server owners arent allowed, why is iceman any different?

****ing lomcn hypocrisy at its finest

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
This is what I was referring to, and I have the logs to back that up. But hey, we've all done stupid things in our life.

Robert, in your own words on their previous server thread:

All i'm saying is; be cautious. It's easy to get hyped over a new promising server, and we know that IceMan isn't always available to due to his illness. Lets hope Storm can fill in and deliver on our expectations.

Lols.

I can’t be bothered to dig up the thread and contextualise but I believe I was referring to a lack of effort to resolve persistent QOL issues with the server.

The files are good, the management of the previous iteration were suspect....so I’m not 100% why you have taken the time to quote an irrelevant comment but thanks for the effort.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Why is this even allowed?

Other cash cow server owners arent allowed, why is iceman any different?

****ing lomcn hypocrisy at its finest
Far from a cashcow server, everything ingame shop as a option for gold

---------- Post Merged at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Dont forget the corruption 
Yes last server there was corruption, but we need to move on from that now, if people don't want to play no one is making them.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Let’s not forget the “**** show” you made of being a GM on 5heroes. I don’t know why people moan, don’t like it don’t play it simple as.

Negativite people aside, sounds a good server I’ll give it a go.

Can't save an already sinking ship, only delay the inevitable - but yes, that was indeed a horrific failure, but then when you're corunning with the guy who stabbed Hany in the back over paragon, things don't go to plan. However, it gave me great pespective into the minds of Mir players, such as yourself and people whom I considered friends, only to realise what a toxic piece of garbage they are behind your back. It's a great lesson to learn, so i'm thankful for it.

People are allowed to be sceptical of a server on its 5th rotation, but as I said in my previous post, I honestly do wish him goodluck.

The files are good, the management of the previous iteration were suspect....so I’m not 100% why you have taken the time to quote an irrelevant comment but thanks for the effort.

If you look back, I've always agreed and said this about IceMans servers. I just think it fair to give people perspective going forwards and to take caution and remind them of why they got so frustrated the last time they played. Sorry if you took offense to this.

Last edited:

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Let’s just give the lad a chance, any further non relevant posts will be cleaned.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I gotta disagree with you, normally you hit the nail on the head with most things.

If nobody ever did anything for the first time then 99% of the things we use, visit and can’t live without wouldn’t exist. I would say I’m a relatively trusted member of staff but back in the day I used to release servers that were shocking, I was openly corrupt on those servers towards my friends and berated anyone who complained about my server. However if I opened a server now (which I quite like the idea of) the majority of people would back me and not judge me on past performance. The point I’m making is if people can get behind me then they should also be able to throw themselves behind someone unproven, remember it’s innocent until proven guilty.

I think you should give this guy a break and a chance, at the end of the day the worst that can happen is that the server fails, many many many servers have failed before, it happens just chill.

And actually, maybe this itterence of Edens is better not being solely run by Ice as maybe it will help prevent and avoid past failings such as it being unreliable and the accusations of corruption.

I’ll give it a go Storm, thanks for bringing the server back up.

But that's you and your attempts at server's, All Storm has done here is test, no coding, no stats, nothing server side, no drops. It's been this way for awhile since Eden started dying out last time like Icey just lost his voice and lets Storm relay all the information. The last 3 Eden have been through Iceys account i just find it strange and off putting that Icey hasn't taken the time to do it himself and putting server files that are well coded into the hand's of somebody who's never ran a server.

Just my opinion though, it's nothing about Storm personally, i played Mir Revenge with him and hes a great dude it's just a very strange move by Icey and pete to have somebody who has no attachment to the server apart from player / tester to be posting and running the thread.

Just read a little more, if it is just a Management roll Storm is playing then i hope he does it well as he bites very easy to stuff. I thought Icey interaction with players was fantastic don't really get all this.

One last point towards the " cash cow " although you say " it's all in GS for GG " last Eden a 75% exp potion for 24 hours was 8,500,000 ( maybe 10 hours of solid farming if ur kit wasn't amazing ) or buy it for 5£.. Then people like Moha ( Not having a dig ) just sell's them for 5 million gold and boom the eco of the server was smashed to by straight away, they need revising because in reality it was very cash cow, just because you present people a price to purchase them doesn't mean the price is even close to viable.

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
But that's you and your attempts at server's, All Storm has done here is test, no coding, no stats, nothing server side, no drops. It's been this way for awhile since Eden started dying out last time like Icey just lost his voice and lets Storm relay all the information. The last 3 Eden have been through Iceys account i just find it strange and off putting that Icey hasn't taken the time to do it himself and putting server files that are well coded into the hand's of somebody who's never ran a server.

Just my opinion though, it's nothing about Storm personally, i played Mir Revenge with him and hes a great dude it's just a very strange move by Icey and pete to have somebody who has no attachment to the server apart from player / tester to be posting and running the thread.

Just read a little more, if it is just a Management roll Storm is playing then i hope he does it well as he bites very easy to stuff. I thought Icey interaction with players was fantastic don't really get all this.
ive had access to server for a while, which is why i wont be playing it this time around as ive done all the quests/drops/map events and so on.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
What would happen with the £ donation, split between your icey and pete? Or is this purely your server now and they have stepped back in coding / management ? Not being very clear about the situation tbh a **** ton a work went into those files and just wondering why Icey would just give them up fully to your management.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
What would happen with the £ donation, split between your icey and pete? Or is this purely your server now and they have stepped back in coding / management ? Not being very clear about the situation tbh a **** ton a work went into those files and just wondering why Icey would just give them up fully to your management.
I wanted to rebuild edens elite, but I'm doing all the content with the help of programmer I have taken over all the files from the old team.

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:09 PM ----------

any 1 in game?
theres some people ingame testing

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
I wanted to rebuild edens elite, but I'm doing all the content with the help of programmer I have taken over all the files from the old team.

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:09 PM ----------

theres some people ingame testing

It might be worth you updating your main post outlining exactly the situation and add some timelines.

Will prevent 99% of posts.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
^^ This, looked strange you posting. E.g all the questions everybody is presuming this is still under Icey / Pete management. Lucky ****er decent set of files to work off, better not **** em up :P

Best of luck.

micraigeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2004
Had great fun testing server tonight look forward to playing live. Is assassin open to play? not seen a single one only the 3 main classes.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
How about you all stop knocking the server before you've even got on ?
If you want to give it a go, do, if not, move along, there's nothing for you here.

People moan about the lack of servers yet, when one comes along, you jump on it and start slagging it off.
The amount of coding that's gone into this server over the last year or so is amazing and the hours spent on it, staggering, all to bring you a unique server with content not found anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.