Editing/Making new Monsters in DB Commander

Join Discord

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
Well, i've tried making some new mobs, i'm using DB Commander to do this, but i don't understand what the "Appr", "Race" and "Racelmg" is. I've worked it out for the items, Armours, Weopons etc, but just not for the mobs. Getting a bit frustrating because i want to make new mobs :P

So, if someone could tell me how to find out what numbers to put in the "Race", "Racelmg" and the "Appr", that would be great :)

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
Race - This number represents what kind of mob it is (ie, WT becomes enraged after loosing 25% HP) the Race number is the number that defines this attribute. Another example would be WedgeMoths, these hit with an attack that has a chance to para you. Race number determines this. Look at the race number for each mob in the DB and decide which number to use for your mob.

RaceImg - This number represents which magic graphic the mob uses. (examples are the lightning that comes from WT hands, the spray the comes from WedgeMoths and Dungs, the flames that come from ZT hands)
Again, just look at other mobs RaceImg number and decide for yourself which one to use for your mob.

Appr - This number represents what the mob actually looks like. If you give your mob the same Appr number as WT for example, your mob will look like WT :)

hope this helps.

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
Race - This number represents what kind of mob it is (ie, WT becomes enraged after loosing 25% HP) the Race number is the number that defines this attribute. Another example would be WedgeMoths, these hit with an attack that has a chance to para you. Race number determines this. Look at the race number for each mob in the DB and decide which number to use for your mob.

RaceImg - This number represents which magic graphic the mob uses. (examples are the lightning that comes from WT hands, the spray the comes from WedgeMoths and Dungs, the flames that come from ZT hands)
Again, just look at other mobs RaceImg number and decide for yourself which one to use for your mob.

Appr - This number represents what the mob actually looks like. If you give your mob the same Appr number as WT for example, your mob will look like WT :)

hope this helps.

If i want to put in a new mob, how can i know which number to use for "appr"? I don't want to make a mob who looks exactly the same as another mob, i want it to be different, so how can i find out the number which i can use to make it look how i want?

Thanks for the other advice though, has made it a lot easier :)