Jun 16, 2009
its a shame there going p2p its gonna just be turn out like starwars mmo has

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
its a shame there going p2p its gonna just be turn out like starwars mmo has
just like every other game mate, P2P is good for a quick buck but F2P with GameShop offers more profit.

Proven with many other games SWTOR TERA RIFT and AION

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Happy to say I got one too ;)

Stress testing this weekend! Message me what server etc you'll be on Jamie and i'll run with you. Will need what Race you are as well so i'm not starting on the other side of the map

For other posts,
P2P = Fairer, no GameShop, no added bonus, all on the same playing field
F2P = Crap, makes more money than P2P (Been proven due to people with more money than sense) but has exp pots and **** usually...means pay to win!

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Happy to say I got one too ;)

Stress testing this weekend! Message me what server etc you'll be on Jamie and i'll run with you. Will need what Race you are as well so i'm not starting on the other side of the map

For other posts,
P2P = Fairer, no GameShop, no added bonus, all on the same playing field
F2P = Crap, makes more money than P2P (Been proven due to people with more money than sense) but has exp pots and **** usually...means pay to win!
f2p dose not mean pay 2 win lol look at path of exile. exp pots can be balanced if done right some on plays 8 hours a day. i only play 4 but i work so can afford a pot to balance the times out

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
I thought it was fun. Just couldn't get into it knowing my character and progression was going to be wiped.

Swtor failed because it was ****. I love Star Wars and enjoyed the game for a couple of months but things just weren't being fixed. As we can f2p has ruined that game, all they do is try and release more stuff for people to buy rather than concentrate on new content. I hope Disney shuts it down and they wipe it from the archives.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Tried it, played for about an hour and just didn't enjoy it, aiming with mouse just doesn't work in an MMO - should stick to the old fashioned style WoW/Rift etc have, its working for them so why change?

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
i had the beta key for this, played for a few hours then gave up the game was no good for a pc mmo, Console MMO this will work like Diablo 3 did. I tried the "healer" race more than any, I had the option of 2 weps, one for healing one for damage, if I wore the healing staff it would increase the exp rate of healing and defensive spells, and vice versa with the other wep, so if you group hunt and stay as a healer when you go solo you struggle because your damage spells havnt been levelled or any exp been done to them it was very disappointing.

BLaPP

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 8, 2013
anybody playing this? if so leave your name here and ill hook you up ingame

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
played closed beta and just couldn't get it to this. the combat was just too sluggish. If they'd have just made skyrim have a bigger map and multiplayer it would have been much better. but they ruined it by changing the combat mechanics.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
It's a shame that Bethesda went for the big money mmo rather than simply making drop-in multiplayer that most players wanted.

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
Tried it, played for about an hour and just didn't enjoy it, aiming with mouse just doesn't work in an MMO - should stick to the old fashioned style WoW/Rift etc have, its working for them so why change?
The Elder Scrolls Online plays exactly the same as the PC version of the main series in regards to aiming. Taking that online made no difference what so ever, which is why i had no qualms during the BETA.

---------- Post Merged at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:45 PM ----------

It's a shame that Bethesda went for the big money mmo rather than simply making drop-in multiplayer that most players wanted.
Basically Two Worlds but better.

---------- Post Merged at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:45 PM ----------

i had the beta key for this, played for a few hours then gave up the game was no good for a pc mmo, Console MMO this will work like Diablo 3 did. I tried the "healer" race more than any, I had the option of 2 weps, one for healing one for damage, if I wore the healing staff it would increase the exp rate of healing and defensive spells, and vice versa with the other wep, so if you group hunt and stay as a healer when you go solo you struggle because your damage spells havnt been levelled or any exp been done to them it was very disappointing.
You're supposed to manage that yourself, take the time out to improve your character and you ought to be able to do both but one will be major the other minor.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Aiming is the future of competitve play.

Like Chivalary Medieval warfare, in an Open world sandbox = Epic.

I cant stand PVP'in on Games like WOW, as its just a kit race, you cant dodge, you cant do anything but mash buttons and hope your gear is better than the other persons.

SlippitySchlong

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2013
Aiming is the future of competitve play.

Like Chivalary Medieval warfare, in an Open world sandbox = Epic.

I cant stand PVP'in on Games like WOW, as its just a kit race, you cant dodge, you cant do anything but mash buttons and hope your gear is better than the other persons.
Haha, you should see me on wow smashing the macros i have trying so desperately to win hoping my kit holds out. I've officially stopped playing that game now. I think the only WoW type MMO's i'd play now are FF and GW 2.

BLaPP

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 8, 2013
few hours into it and i love it , i was a huge fan of skyrim so for me its just an elder scrolls game, with harder enemies , more quests, and people to team up with