Enterprise manager help

smoochy boys on tour

JekZuo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
I am totally new to this, I think I have started to run service manager, but when i open enterprise manager there is no "Local" and no "Databases" anywere but I have no idea what I've done wrong, heres a screenshot:

Please help It's so frustrating lol.

Meight

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
I am totally new to this, I think I have started to run service manager, but when i open enterprise manager there is no "Local" and no "Databases" anywere but I have no idea what I've done wrong, heres a screenshot:

Please help It's so frustrating lol.

I guess you haven't installed properly, diden't set system to local?

Upvote 0

JekZuo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
I was sure I did, there was like 10 pages of options during the install and everytime the word local came up I chose it lol, but ill try again.

Upvote 0

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Create a 'New SQL registration'. Should automatically give you the options you can use to create this new SQL registration.

Upvote 0

JekZuo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2006
Cheers guys but new problem, I got local to come up and when I tried to restore the database this happened:

Nothing ever goes right for me lol, cheers if you can help.

Upvote 0

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Cheers guys but new problem, I got local to come up and when I tried to restore the database this happened:

Nothing ever goes right for me lol, cheers if you can help.

You trying to restore the right file?

One is for sql 2005 one is for 2000 if i remember as the guide only worked sql 2005, but then a new file added for 2000.

Upvote 0