error=code1 M2server

hawktheslayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2004
Hi

When starting up my server the M2server comes up with the following error, I have run a server before and set up everything as i would usually do have also tried using another M2server. I have attached a piccy of the error code and would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this problem and help solve it.

Cheers

Attachments

• error code 1.JPG
    error code 1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 45

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Map error.... Might be a map in MapInfo it cant find in your map folder, or even better.. Might not even be able to find MapInfo.

Satanist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2003
no, paths seem ok, but im sure theres somethin wrong wit maps.

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
lol yea its gotta be sumin to do with the maps cuz thats where it stopped at and the error appeared :P

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
yeah its most probably that you have mapinfo for the same map twice in the mapinfo.txt or have the map in the mapinfo but not actually in the server map folder ;)

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
usually if its not in the folder and its in mapinfo dont it say map "blah blah" missing or sumin ?

hawktheslayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2004
Blaminator said:
yeah its most probably that you have mapinfo for the same map twice in the mapinfo.txt or have the map in the mapinfo but not actually in the server map folder ;)

thanks for the info peeps

what is the easiest way to solve this problem i am using the server files from ferneys and have not made any changes since unziping them

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
omg lol, u havnt set up the paths, bde admin or n e thing? follow the bloody guide omg

hawktheslayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2004
DeathWish2003 said:
omg lol, u havnt set up the paths, bde admin or n e thing? follow the bloody guide omg

urm i followed the guide with ferneys files to the letter but will delete all and do it again to make sure.

just in case it is a prob with maps anyone got more info ?

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
lol have u checked everythink in this post? and checked ur paths and that? cuz if that dnt work i duno, not sure if n e 1 else knows?

hawktheslayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2004
DeathWish2003 said:
lol have u checked everythink in this post? and checked ur paths and that? cuz if that dnt work i duno, not sure if n e 1 else knows?

Well done Deathwish i found the problem after you suggested i relook at how i had set up.

when setting up the paths i typed the following

c:mirserver\etc\etc\etc

instead of

c:\mirserver\etc\etc\etc

all this hassle due to 1 little backslash lol

Many thanks to you deathwish and to all who have helped with this issue