F1 "Final"

~Webby~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 6, 2004
Manchester
Hate him or love him the guy is tipped to be the richest sport star in the world, over taking Tiger Woods in years to come once his McLauren deal runs out in 5years?

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Lmfao Snowman got pwnt. Niceone goatsex, I didn't click it as I watched the Prix, but nice :P

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
One thing i don't understand, is why people go to watch F1 you'd litrally be stood on the side for half an hour "vrooommmm!!!" then ud have to wait another half hour just to see a car fly past "vroooooomm!!".

pointless... lol.

It takes them about 2min max to do a lap lol.

Therefore you see more then "VROOOOM" every half an hour....

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
It's a joke that Lee Evans does on one of his stand ups.

EDIT - Ta to Rob for moving ze thread.

Last edited:

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
One thing i don't understand, is why people go to watch F1 you'd litrally be stood on the side for half an hour "vrooommmm!!!" then ud have to wait another half hour just to see a car fly past "vroooooomm!!".

pointless... lol.

erm considering most tracks the cars are lapping a consistent 1m 30sec to 2mins and there at the moment is 20 cars in the field i wouldn't say you would be waiting half an hour to watch a car go by... more like a good 15seconds at the most the a field spread out. If you have never been to a formula 1 race live you will never understand. The atmousphere of 200'000+ people, the most advanced cars, the richest and glamourest sport in the world. The drivers get paid so much because there are only 20 of them in the world and they are risking their life, this isn't football you need a rarer type of skill to do a formula 1 drivers job.

Oh and whoever said motorSPORT is not a sport and they are not the same as other sports like football because they have to be at the top of their game in football etc... well lets talk facts.... A formula one driver has a fitness level way higher than a football player and probably level with a marathon runner. F1 drivers train constantly, follow a strict diet and have to have brilliant mental fitness. The only thing that can compare to the forces they go through are fighter pilots. F1 drivers lose over 1stone in fluids through a race. If a football player was put in a formula 1 car he would pass out through fatigue and most likely snap his neck because of the lateral forces.

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Reading that was almost like listening to Lewis Hamilton describing how awesome he is. Nice random bump by the way.

Oh and go go Button!!

Nozomi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2007
South East, UK
F1 drivers lose over 1stone in fluids through a race. If a football player was put in a formula 1 car he would pass out through fatigue and most likely snap his neck because of the lateral forces.

That's a great idea. Lets stick all the football players in some F1 cars, I can't stand the fakeness of it all. A hair falls out of place and they hit the dirt and call for a foul.

Any way I stopped watching F1 when it became a one horse race, so to speak. If I do watch it, I watch the start for any potential crashes and the end to see who wins. I can't be bothered watching something that is so boring and monotonous.

And yay for the stupidly huge bump.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Woop Woop button, lives and born in the same town i live, Frome (Sw england) our only good proper sports personality :P Know his step mum aswel, shes my mums hair dresser :)
-Dan

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
may have been born there but don't think he lives there anymore :P he's been living in Monte carlo since he's been in Formula 1.