Few Monsters

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Might aswell post some screens of the monsters from the files im working on.

images10.png

images02.png

images14.png

images15.png

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
most of the default server files ive gotten have these mobs already working

danboss

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2003
I haven't seen trap rocks working for a while. Nice work.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Thought these just came from outtst/philli file :p

what was wrong with OK exactly? lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Ok on four heros doesn't work properly for a start;)

"what was wrong with OK exactly? lol "

didnt really answer the question did u :rolleyes:

its not a perfect copy of euro, but its basic race is there. it reps, it paras, it does % based attack

only thing it needs improving on rly, is that if it comes within so many spaces of a walls its meant to rt

and its movements isnt rly as good, i cant remmeber rly as i havnt rly focused on it lol, think it should prob just wait abit more than walk.

but whos to say euro wasnt bugged the way it stood still and didnt chase? ;)

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
It doesnt chase you very far, infact when u look at the official code for it, if it moves out of a certain range on the map it teleports till its back in that range. Which is why they tend to mess up when you spawn them sometimes. It was designed to stay in the middle of bloodland i think.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Your talkin about omaking right?

ur sayin in the offical code if it wanders too far from a set coords it teleports back lol?

im sure on euro it only ever teleported if it came too close to walls... altho i sota remember it teleportin a lot if u ever fund near the bottom

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Code:
   if PEnvir <> nil then begin
      if (CX < 50) or (CX > PEnvir.Header.wWidth  - 70) or (CY < 40) or (CY > PEnvir.Header.wHeight - 70) then begin
         LoseTarget;
         SpaceMove(PEnvir.sMapName,
                   Random(PEnvir.Header.wWidth  - 140) + 60 ,
                   Random(PEnvir.Header.wHeight - 130) + 50 ,
                   1);
      end;
   end;
   inherited Run;

For OmaKing.

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009
MTK, Yims and EM were wrong as well if I remember stephen.

Others too but I can't remember.

Good that you're fixing them though, very important.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Yims have a bug where they go passive everytime they tele an other little details like the last mob to die = real.. where as atm they are just 2 diff mobs, so if the real dies and clones stil there it will remain there even if yim respawns

MTK i dont rly kno havnt bothered to look seemed fine

EM was abit wrong but nothing scripts can sort ^^

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Omaking on euro was made to tele because when we first killed it we used to lure it to the door and go in/out like in the old RME KR to kill it. Some high level Apex moaned and it was changed to tele when it got near to the door so we couldnt kill it. It only took a couple of days for us to figure out the "wizzys around with taos out of range tactic" which then made Alaria go on a power stip and they changed the drops because they didnt expect us to be able to kill it so easily (mite have also had something to do with the fact her bum chums wernt getting items on a plate)

Also Omaking hurt the person it was facing the most, so it had like an Arc of different % hits which is why spreading out was good as it faced different people spreading out the damage

Last edited: