First attempt at map making

smoochy boys on tour

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
Just had aplay around with mapeditor after years of fearing to go near it. Anyway, here it is. Anyone who wants it if theres some space to upload it or email it etc. your quite welcome to it. I am gonna be making more though, kinds thinking of making a whole temple system with it.

Paul

Attachments

• testtemple.JPG
    testtemple.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 65

MrMike

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
nice m8 :)
Wana make sum for me if your not busy
i got a big Project cumin up for my server
needs alot of new caves >< but its up 2
you if ya not busy ty seyas

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
Well, depends on what type of caves you want. Ive had a bit of a crack with bug cave type and spider caves type but they didnt go too well so far, maybe a bit more practice. The temple maps seem easy to do as its all straight lines. To be honest, im only really doing these maps for a mess about server ive got set up for my kids to play on my home network, and with 1.4 server stuff like fox caves etc. dont work so needed maps to try and bump it up a bit.

I mean, if you tell me what type of stuff you want and if I can do them I will, obviously i will use them on my home server aswell, but if i am able to do them in a reasonable pace around work and other commitments, then why not.

Paul

MrMike

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Add me on msn ill show the the map av bin workin on ull see wat i need then m8 [email protected] speek soon workin tomoz well today so ill be back abotut 3ish 4 ish oki seya .

ph yeh i see u sed 1.4 stuff ill send u all the latest stuff if u want but ull probs need a 2.3 cliant lol
n theres bin a few updates to map edit ect.. ill give u link on msn or u can search lomcn lol :S
And Can u Atribute ect ? will be good if u can lol
seya m8

Last edited:

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
If by attribute you mean adding areas that cant be walked on, teled on etc. then yes I can. As for my situation, can you connect to a 1.4 server with a 2.3 client? Didnt think you could. I use the old map editor for adding single tiles as the newer editor just shuts down if I try and add a single tile detail..

The map took about 3 hours to do, but I reckon with a bit more practice I can churn out maps of that quality in less than an hour, i think anyway.

Paul