Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I'll delete them and try again, see how it goes and report back just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Edit 2: No luck, the client still won't download objects.lib and objects.lib10-17. However, objects.lib3, whether from the server or your Dropbox, seems fine now....weird! I'll keep trying...

The only v3 Libs I had were in the directory for the Config files so there shouldn't be any in the Data folder.
I use the same Data as what's available on the link (it syncs automatically) and the game runs fine for me.

Not sure how you managed to get the "found version 1329865020".

You can also by-pass the patcher:

Code:
[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=[COLOR="#B22222"]http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir2/cmir/patch/[/COLOR]
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=False
Login=
Password=
AllowCleanUp=True
AutoStart=False
ServerName=
Browser=http://mir.suprcode.com/web/

Just remove the link in red.

Last edited:

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
When there is an official updater you can't just get files from anywhere and use them because the launcher checks. Delete them.

The Client is an "official updater" isn't it? It downloads all the other files and a new client.exe, renaming the old one OldClient etc, just not the ones I mentioned, so I presumed it was....

However, while I do my best, I'm not a complete computer whizzkid so may have misunderstood the whole shebang!

---------- Post Merged at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:53 PM ----------

The only v3 Libs I had were in the directory for the Config files so there shouldn't be any in the Data folder.
I use the same Data as what's available on the link (it syncs automatically) and the game runs fine for me.

Not sure how you managed to get the "found version 1329865020".

You can also by-pass the patcher:

Code:
[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=[COLOR=#B22222]http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir2/cmir/patch/[/COLOR]
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=False
Login=
Password=
AllowCleanUp=True
AutoStart=False
ServerName=
Browser=http://mir.suprcode.com/web/

Just remove the link in red.

The .libs I'm missing are in the Data/Map/WemadeMir2 folder along with all the other objects.lib files. Well, the ones I've found so far anyway...

I'm happy to wait until the server beta's launched if necessary, but I'd rather have it all done so I can join in from the start really...sigh :)

P.S. I also have no idea why you think I'd update my config file to add weird things such as "http://mir.suprcode.com/web/[/CODE]". Or am I being too suspicious? Apologies if so...

Not that there is such a thing as too suspicious in this day and age... :)

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Just wait for Ben to sort it... Those files are 200mb so should take less than 5mins to download them. You will end up ****ing your client for no particular reason.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
The Client is an "official updater" isn't it? It downloads all the other files and a new client.exe, renaming the old one OldClient etc, just not the ones I mentioned, so I presumed it was....

However, while I do my best, I'm not a complete computer whizzkid so may have misunderstood the whole shebang!

---------- Post Merged at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:53 PM ----------

The .libs I'm missing are in the Data/Map/WemadeMir2 folder along with all the other objects.lib files. Well, the ones I've found so far anyway...

I'm happy to wait until the server beta's launched if necessary, but I'd rather have it all done so I can join in from the start really...sigh :)

P.S. I also have no idea why you think I'd update my config file to add weird things such as "http://mir.suprcode.com/web/[/CODE]". Or am I being too suspicious? Apologies if so...

Not that there is such a thing as too suspicious in this day and age... :)

That is the default config for the Server files, I wasn't asking you to patch from else where, I said to by-pass to patcher.

But yes it'd be better to wait for the 'official' patcher, I was merely giving another option.

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
Just wait for Ben to sort it... Those files are 200mb so should take less than 5mins to download them. You will end up ****ing your client for no particular reason.

lol, you obviously don't live in rural Laos! I dream of 200 MB in 5 mins! :)

Although, I must admit the Internet is far faster here than it used to be and it won't take more than an hour or two for 200 meg, presuming it goes top speed anyway!

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Barns chill pal. It's just a beta which will be wiped and will probably miss a lot features. Even if you log in couple days late you wont lose something. And possibly you won't even need those 200mb files to log in.

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
Barns chill pal. It's just a beta which will be wiped and will probably miss a lot features. Even if you log in couple days late you wont lose something. And possibly you won't even need those 200mb files to log in.

Yeh, I know I'm being overly eager. Sorry! ;)

I tend to be like that in many walks of life. 100% at something then, bored, 100% of something else! There's not exactly a lot of other options when stuck in rural Laos either tbh...

I just happen to, once again, coincidentally have at least several weeks free at exactly the same time as the launch of this new server. So, since I really enjoyed playing Galaxy only to have it suddenly disappear and the fact that Ben joined a few weeks before its demise and added some really good stuff and apparently knows how to keep a server up-and-running for longer than a paltry six weeks, I was really looking forward to getting into this one and we all know it's much more fun to be in it right from the start, eh? ;)

After three bloody years on original Euro (blah blah...) all those years ago which, I must admit, was really great, despite the very slow grind, since it was all new at the time, I freely admit that I'm too lazy to do the slow and, in my opinon, boring versions of Mir so Affinity and Origins weren't really for me. Although, I did try both to quite an extent...

Anyway, I think I'm ranting too much due to boredom so I'll sit back and see if it all works out! Hopefully see you all in-game...

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Guys i don't wanna disappoint you or anything, but im not feeling comfortable rushing a beta , we'll let a few chosen players by ben log on and give us feedback and be rewarded gamepoints or something when the game goes live.

I haven't had enough time to actually test my code and i wouldn't want to go beta w/o testing my code my self.... I've been extremely busy but i have managed to free up time for mir every now and then so i coded w/o really testing.

I will need a couple of days to sort my **** together and give ben the ok for the beta.

We'll go live when we feel its ready, the ingame itself is ready, but we've been redesigning and balancing most of spells and we're not really finished yet.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Guys i don't wanna disappoint you or anything, but im not feeling comfortable rushing a beta , we'll let a few chosen players by ben log on and give us feedback and be rewarded gamepoints or something when the game goes live.

I haven't had enough time to actually test my code and i wouldn't want to go beta w/o testing my code my self.... I've been extremely busy but i have managed to free up time for mir every now and then so i coded w/o really testing.

I will need a couple of days to sort my **** together and give ben the ok for the beta.

We'll go live when we feel its ready, the ingame itself is ready, but we've been redesigning and balancing most of spells and we're not really finished yet.

I was really hyped and kept checking here for the IP since i been really looking forward to it but you are doing the right thing.

This could be one of the last proper mir servers to come out so there is absolutely rushing anything. Not closed beta. Not open beta. Not live.

Also some critisism. Considering the live date from what i read shouldnt be longer than 1-2months i feel like you are really behind on advertising and hyping ppl up with info etc.
Your loyal players will still play even if you randomly post that tomorrow it goes live without giving any info about classes caves items spells mobs AI etc. There are some ppl tho that need some pics/videos/etc to convince em to try. I wish i had the time to create some banners for you for free but unfortunately i dont

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Well thats the problem, we're trying to get it out asap... we don't know what the live date is until we do a test... yes the advertising / website etc is suffering as we just dont have the time to do everything.

give us 6 months and we could have it all done and looking nice... but I wanan get the server up sooner rather than later.

The game at the moment is just the skeleton, it has some flesh on it but it needs fattying up (I'm talking about adding more features etc)... I just dont want people to be disapointed. You need to understand this is a base game that will be continuely developed on and updated once live, rather than being released then not touched for like a year.

Anyway we feel like a few people beta testing for a few days is the way to go.. another weekend of work and we'll be in a much better position for next week for a open beta. then we'll look towards setting a live date etc.

I know everyone wants to play now now now.. but it'll be worth the wait!

ps. the selected beta testers will be messages on the fiveheroes forums (cba to wait 3mins between pms on lomcn...)

Tetos

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 8, 2015
Well thats the problem, we're trying to get it out asap... we don't know what the live date is until we do a test... yes the advertising / website etc is suffering as we just dont have the time to do everything.

give us 6 months and we could have it all done and looking nice... but I wanan get the server up sooner rather than later.

The game at the moment is just the skeleton, it has some flesh on it but it needs fattying up (I'm talking about adding more features etc)... I just dont want people to be disapointed. You need to understand this is a base game that will be continuely developed on and updated once live, rather than being released then not touched for like a year.

Anyway we feel like a few people beta testing for a few days is the way to go.. another weekend of work and we'll be in a much better position for next week for a open beta. then we'll look towards setting a live date etc.

I know everyone wants to play now now now.. but it'll be worth the wait!

ps. the selected beta testers will be messages on the fiveheroes forums (cba to wait 3mins between pms on lomcn...)

625537_496281040471216_1051651002_n.jpg 1375949_494714727294514_235199011_n.jpg 1382795_496280993804554_1885498611_n.jpg 1384219_496281033804550_84245198_n.jpg 1503227_1433520870198678_1720726813_n.jpg just open 3h again for me only will keep play it solo :D

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Got about another day of closed beta testing to go...... feedback has been really positive and useful.

I need to see how far I get over the weekend with working on a bunch of changes and increasing the content etc.. but I feel I'll be announce an Open beta and Live release date ETA come early next week

Still looking for someone to help make me some short advertising videos / banners

Thanks

SynteX

I own myself
Supporter
Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
World Of Mir
Got about another day of closed beta testing to go...... feedback has been really positive and useful.

I need to see how far I get over the weekend with working on a bunch of changes and increasing the content etc.. but I feel I'll be announce an Open beta and Live release date ETA come early next week

Still looking for someone to help make me some short advertising videos / banners

Thanks

I can make a video if you want to

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Please do, make the video upload to youtube and send me the link, thanks
if you need access to the server and wasnt/are not a beta test again jsut msg me ur forum name

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
I think beta as ended, on the server forums Ben said he'll announce a LIVE ETA this up and coming week.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Beta has ended now, im assessing how much time we need to work on some final changes, more content etc at the moment.. will be posting some ETAs next week for open beta + release date.

I need to get a few things in order before i start releasing dates.. website was 1 of them, thats partly done now and in a decent looking state (for now).

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015
Beta has ended now, im assessing how much time we need to work on some final changes, more content etc at the moment.. will be posting some ETAs next week for open beta + release date.

I need to get a few things in order before i start releasing dates.. website was 1 of them, thats partly done now and in a decent looking state (for now).

time to buy a new computer then, proper cant wait for this

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Dont need anything flash for Crystal files, everyone is the same speed.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Please do, make the video upload to youtube and send me the link, thanks
if you need access to the server and wasnt/are not a beta test again jsut msg me ur forum name

I made some banners. Let me know.

Banner1.jpg Banner3.jpg Banner4.jpg

Last one wasn't meant to be included. I was trying to make a gif. :(

Attachments

• Banner2.jpg
    Banner2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.