Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I might have crashed the server right now, I tried to go to hunting place 'Insect Hill' which is found on page2 of the teleporter. As soon as I clicked it, the usual SZ sounds went silent and I stayed in SZ, couldn't log out but the client wasn't frozen, just not responding I think (not showing the dialog windown where you click ok button to log out), shot it down with task manager and then I can't log in which is why I think I shot the server down.

On the other hand, it might have been just a coincidence. :S

Last edited:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I might have crashed the server right now, I tried to go to hunting place 'Insect Hill' which is found on page2 of the teleporter. As soon as I clicked it, the usual SZ sounds went silent and I stayed in SZ, couldn't log out but the client wasn't frozen, just not responding I think (not showing the dialog windown where you click ok button to log out), shot it down with task manager and then I can't log in which is why I think I shot the server down.

On the other hand, it might have been just a coincidence. :S

Maybe an NPC script error such as nonexistant map name ? So now you're floating in hyperspace.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Its up now :beaten:

Maybe I will not try to go to that place right away. Was looking for a place to hunt for lev41 warrior with not bad equipment (if I say so myself LOL), don't like Prajna cave much, would like a place where I can use HM (or CHM if I had it - anybody care to supply a hint on putting my paws on CHM? or any skills above FS?)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
We're doing our best to debug and fix these crashes, its nothing short of what we expected in all honesty... what we didnt expect was having 185+ users online.

Appreciate all the support and glad people are enjoying it, please be patient with us as we improve the game

Thanks

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Superb server and I have barely had time to experience everything you have to offer.

Will recommend to my friends, depends if I can get them to play mir again :p

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
we're working on it guys, seems to be a very weird issue causing crashes atm, sadly hany was in a coma all day yesterday so he wasnt able to look at it.. should be resolved soon.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Be interesting if its a localized problem that can be resolved or if its the files struggling under their first decent load test.

druss101

LOMCN Member
Apr 18, 2011
Be interesting if its a localized problem that can be resolved or if its the files struggling under their first decent load test.
Fingers crossed its the former, but as a developer and knowing things being piloted for the first time, it's may be the latter.
Tbh would be foolish to think there wouldn't be stability issues for the first several months, if anything i'm surprised it's been as stable as it is so props to far and co

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
the files are coping fine for the user count, simply a few uncaught errors that's all

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
So its staying down until these errors are rectified? I'm assuming you don't get these kinds of users before like 6ish.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe not just the user count, how about the extreme numbers of items on floor like in OC & BC, not sure of other caves? But that's probably ok and from the point of view of player it is great.

BTW server went down again I believe. Good test for the files TBS :tiger:

Last edited:
Reactions: Omen_lom

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Its wierd that prior to the dedi move, it wasnt causing much issue.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Does the dedi have multiple cores and is the server automatically being spread across the cores ?
If so, maybe limit the server to one or two cores.
If the opposite, and its only on one core, try spreading the load across another core.

Reactions: Spinn
Status
Not open for further replies.