Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
you trying to be nice about it but to blow all gold I got from server start like this is just too much, I could shrug several mills but not that much, should have bought extra bag space for that gold and would have been better off.
IMO how these pets work sucks major way and I don't give a hoot that that's how its on korean mir which you might argue next
anyway I am done with this seeing those who run the server don't bother about it

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you trying to be nice about it but to blow all gold I got from server start like this is just too much, I could shrug several mills but not that much, should have bought extra bag space for that gold and would have been better off.
IMO how these pets work sucks major way and I don't give a hoot that that's how its on korean mir which you might argue next
anyway I am done with this seeing those who run the server don't bother about it

I'm not arguing anything. Pets are a gimmick which allow you to save time from picking items up. Not sure what you really expected it would do. You shouldn't have hastily spent all your money on the prettiest looking egg.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
It is, and i'm helping Bon fix any crashes. I'm not involved in the server in any way, nor do i have access to the source or the server its being run on. The idea of helping support a server was back when there were a team of 5 working on the project. Now theres only me.
I'm still around doing my own thing atm ^^

No'one has forced you to buy a IC Pet.. You brought it to show off simples.

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003
Assasin's need another spell at this point. Sin's become really bad at pvp with the nerf to Dark Body at lvl 3 doing maybe 200 damage to archers and wiz with shield. Now im not saying they should one shot people but it dies so quick now and it's cast length requires you to be closer. So archers and wiz easly tank it while shooting arrows that do 500+ damage each and meteor 1 shotting. Tao's have the pets that take the agro/ poison cloud, and warriors just out pot it. Suggest maybe double poison sword length of poison also increasing swiftr feet by 5 seconds or so.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
No'one has forced you to buy a IC Pet.. You brought it to show off simples.

I know well myself no one forced me, but you're plain wrong thinking I bought for show off, just goes to show folks have no clue about certain things in game and by that I don't mean pets at all.

---------- Post Merged at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:13 AM ----------

I'm not arguing anything. Pets are a gimmick which allow you to save time from picking items up. Not sure what you really expected it would do. You shouldn't have hastily spent all your money on the prettiest looking egg.

I won't fault you for the design since as I said that's most likely korean thing you took over from their official mir but now I tried it out, I still say their function is stupid nonetheless, notwithstanding how cute they may be. I definitely pick items faster than it and I pick up books and moreover can pick those books which are above certain level which thing a stupid pet won't do, only picks up books when you point click them or check 'other' in options but then you get maggot pills and pot singles (which even don't stack up in your bag) etc. which is so stupid, I don't have words for it. I suppose it doesn't have checkmark for books because the graphic panel didn't have it as koreans or chinese made it. There was another item class which I mentioned earlier (I don't recall momentarily which one it was) and which you can't specify other than checking 'other' in options and then you get all **** that no one wants or would want, ever. I spend more time chucking useless things from my full bag all the time than I'd spend time on picking what I want. !! BTW we need option in settings if we want to have that 'drop item confirmation'!! since that makes cleaning the bag by dropping items down on floor so stupidly hard and long procedure.
It is stupid pet function and you just don't want to admit it.

And the pet stupid design, how bad it comes over depends how expensive it is to buy on which server, here they are pretty expensive I'd say, even with the gold coming in as it does (I am lev49 and blew all gold on it), that I would have fully expected it to have its own bag at least as big as our char's. Anyway it all depends how one feels about it, in my case, I just feel raped since I won't use the pet because it is worse than useless, and I say that after sleeping and thinking on it without being upset like I was last night. To me its game breaking, my bad luck is that the server has more folks than is wanted and if there will be one less, so much the better I suppose, also keeps Ben more than busy with the constant crashes and bugs (I kept losing sound yesterday and functionality of some buttons incl log out buttons all day) to worry about other things. Its not like in the first few days of server life when he was showing off in SZ.

For everybody it depends what one plays for, I now sympathize with somebody who quit on euro after a patch that brought in gems and his refining skills were made if not pointless then something very near it and he quit. Only use I might make of it is for show off but that's not why I bought it and I am not even one like that, I suppose nobody will understand that but I hesitate to put on some ace items I might have gotten for being shy that way LOL, like on euromir, I had three para rings from that infamous Easter event and nobody till euro closed door many years later even knew I had them, I never put them on in SZ to show off.

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
You bought a pet, thought it would do what exactly? solo all bosses for you? level you up?

Research before you buy. Any moron knows this. You have only yourself to blame lol.

but heck I'm actually considering buying the pet myself, as it is useful. You can set it to automatically pick up specific items whilst you run around AoE destroying things. You can make some serious gold doing this without having to put any effort in. Pet picks it all up, then just tt and sell it all repeat.

It even picks up things through mobs/people, so if someone is standing on a drop of yours? tough ****. Pet will grab it for you.

There also appears to be a bug (or intended, I don't know) with the pet where if you die, you can still summon it. It'll collect your death drop for you. If that isn't worth buying, I don't know what is.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Haha, didnt know that. Def a bug in my eyes

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

There's another bug I forgot to mention btw. If you get enemy guild warred, it stops you from warring any other guild. Could you fix this?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
There's another bug I forgot to mention btw. If you get enemy guild warred, it stops you from warring any other guild. Could you fix this?

this shouldn't be the case. checking the code it only stops you from warring guilds you're already at war with :S

will test it this weekend

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lol i love the way you say "blow all gold i got from server start".. server has been up less than a week... it's hardly a lifetime worth of saving.
And to say we dont bother is ridiculous.. just what your asking is stupid, you bought something from a shop and now suddenly want a refund?.. well gl ont he next server you play

indeed.. makes the pets worth buying though i guess

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Can make 10mill+ a day selling items if your in right caves lol more if you get few nice spells items on the way

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, you or others can make level 60 or what the top guys are in the game, why is not everybody leve60 then. I just tell it like it is, like I play, everybody has different abilities or different times to play. I always loved those who tell you on any low rate mir how you make lev40 in a couple days or how they make 10 mill in a day easy, etc. etc. simply oneupmanship, non-realistic except in some special circumstances, or when high level pple help you level (basically screw the game spirit).

"to say we dont bother is ridiculous.."

I realize that day by day you got more to do with the server than you expected (bugs keep cropping right left, hope you won't deny that) and will be less responsive to pple with non-essential and from your point of view even ridiculous requests. From my side, it is a matter of principle, it is game breaking for me not because I couldn't replace that gold in maybe few days but because I feel let down, even cheated, since the pet feature has next to none documentation, how it works.

I consider important info that it collects into your own bag, I didn't imagine someone would design it like it is, because now it is of no help to me, in fact it is a nuisance (at minimum it needs an option enabling you to chuck items from your bag without that confirmation dialog even if it collected into its own bag, might be mistaken on this point but files should have option to 'just drop on ground' pets or no pets).

Pets might be worthwhile to wizes and taos as they have their own pets which kill out of wiz/tao sight or kill from a distance and are away from the drop, have to backtrack to even see what dropped (important on this server as normal mobs can and do drop you ace items), and in that case the pet picking up items they leave behind may be useful, but not for warrior class.

I realize my orig complaint wasn't polite or kowtowing enough (don't like to use the term about licking), that I didn't serve my cause at all by posting as I did but that was because I knew beforehand it will fall on deaf ears, if only because I am not part of your circle of buddies (or even enemies LOL), your lomcn crowd of pple that talk to each other, but outsider.
I should add this was my very first demand on those who run any server, as since 2001 on euro till now, I never asked any GM in game or outside game for anything, ever (I mean needing any personal help or intervention).

---------- Post Merged at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:10 AM ----------

It even picks up things through mobs/people, so if someone is standing on a drop of yours? tough ****. Pet will grab it for you.

There also appears to be a bug (or intended, I don't know) with the pet where if you die, you can still summon it. It'll collect your death drop for you. If that isn't worth buying, I don't know what is.

That's because you play a wiz (or tao), I mentioned just now that for them it may be useful. No one stood on my drop on this server so far, if only because the drops are so plentiful to extreme. And I don't PvP and RT as soon as someone comes closer to me, sometimes even in view, heck I rt even when I hear someone nearby.
Only got killed from a boss mob because of my stupidity (having chat line active) and then I didn't drop anything essential, the server is setup not to be very drastic in these ways I think.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I recently bought a Kinder Surprise not knowing what was in it. Came home disappointed, they're not like they used to be.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
But what if the egg was empty, wouldn't you cry? LOL
I mean if you take this approach, don't you think this whole business of playing online game like this (or really any game) when you're no longer a kid is a bit silly? If one steps back and take this view, then the chocolate egg is as serious business as this whole game is. If we all took this 'adult' view, how many pple would be left to play mir?

Look at it this way, that is my way - I bought the pet to get rich by picking items in caves and selling to shops. I saw tons of items laying all over every place I went and found you actually get good price in shops if you sell them, which maybe most folks didn't realize. And its not like you don't need gold on this server.

The idea was if I can't compete with folks when it comes to achieving levels, maybe I could better compete when it comes to getting rich. Then I thought hey, those pets would mop up the floor into their own bag and I could be getting rich much faster since now I am limited by bag space (at the time I just didn't think of purchasing the extra space in my bag) and have to make too frequent trips back to town (never mind you can teleport everywhere).
My leveling suffered quite a bit with those selling trips and I thought I would make them much more worthwhile if I bought that collecting pet (my bag space plus pet's bag whatever size that was, would together make it much more worthwhile trips to sell in shops).

But after spending 15 out of total 18 mills on a pet, I found it is useless for that purpose to me, being warrior anyway. So as a result, at level almost 50 I dropped gold wise back down to 3 mill which I had when I was level 20 or 25 I think, and nothing to show for it, the pet for this purpose is totally useless to me, in fact when I call it up to pick up items, it slows down my getting rich, and that's a fact. So I feel cheated, never mind I know very well that at this level you gain gold in accelerated way as you gain levels and that I could make up those 15 mills in even maybe one further level gained.
It is a matter of principle, but principles wash off folks understanding nowadays, always did.

So there would be at least some positive outcome from this unfortune of mine, could you provide option in crystal files to switch off that dropping items on floor confirmation dialog for those who are not worried they will lose some precious item that way.
Related thing - could pet egg and I think tiger item be made undroppable, that is not vanishing when dropped, maybe their disposal could be via trading back to npc for some trade back 'used tiger' :chuncky: gold amount?

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
How do you mange you type so much about a stupid ****ing pet, Looks server a ****ing server advert.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Server is back up , we've implemented a fix regarding the latest crash and there has also been client updates, so make sure ur autopatcher runs to update your client.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Played this server since the very start, server is having loads of problems, one after another, crashes and lag all the time, reboots a lot. Classes unbalanced, TM keeps crashing people when you click on it, in game sound goes off randomly. Most recently also, the guild who owns a Wall has a 5% increase in pvp damage, and 5% resistance, this was bugged and they could go and 1 hit everyone with any spell, any class and they also couldn't be hit, majority of server lost items due to being 1 hitted and despite this, the admins still wouldn't rewind the server, nore those who abused it had any sort of punishment.

A lot of loyal and long time players have started to be put off by all this, really the server should have stayed down longer and worked on, seems to me it was very rushed, classes haven't been tested at all etc, sub bosses drop all the best items in game and so do the actual bosses, but are much harder to kill, so most people avoid the main bosses and just kill the subs, quicker to kill and more of them than an actual boss.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Played this server since the very start, server is having loads of problems, one after another, crashes and lag all the time, reboots a lot. Classes unbalanced, TM keeps crashing people when you click on it, in game sound goes off randomly. Most recently also, the guild who owns a Wall has a 5% increase in pvp damage, and 5% resistance, this was bugged and they could go and 1 hit everyone with any spell, any class and they also couldn't be hit, majority of server lost items due to being 1 hitted and despite this, the admins still wouldn't rewind the server, nore those who abused it had any sort of punishment.

A lot of loyal and long time players have started to be put off by all this, really the server should have stayed down longer and worked on, seems to me it was very rushed, classes haven't been tested at all etc, sub bosses drop all the best items in game and so do the actual bosses, but are much harder to kill, so most people avoid the main bosses and just kill the subs, quicker to kill and more of them than an actual boss.
we're investigating the people that lost items during the problem.. the people that abused the bug will also face punishment

the main bosses do drop better, i cant force people to hunt main instead of subs.. thats up to them and RNG is RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.