FiveHeroes - C# Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Dante83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2012
It's nice to hear of a team making a server that know what there doing I have never played one of your servers so cannot comment on your track record. This does sound impressive but is a bit to high rate for me so I will be staying with chronicles but I do wish you guys lots of sucess with your server as I know how much hard work they are and it sounds like your working very hard to make it sucessful.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
It's nice to hear of a team making a server that know what there doing I have never played one of your servers so cannot comment on your track record. This does sound impressive but is a bit to high rate for me so I will be staying with chronicles but I do wish you guys lots of sucess with your server as I know how much hard work they are and it sounds like your working very hard to make it sucessful.
Choosing a servers rate is always a difficult decision as everyone is so divided... at the end of the day they are just numbers... Dont take this the wrong way but I really dont understand the mentality of people that refuse to even give a server a try because its branded as "high rate" or any thing other than euro. Dont people get bored of playing the same old game over and over again? You mentioned you've never played my servers before but straight away are saying no because it seems too high rate.. what are you basing that decision on I dont get it?

This is not a personal attack at you btw, so dont take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to get my head around your way of thinking, as there is a lot of people out there that refuse to go try different servers and stick to that 1 crap server... MR was a good example. Lots of people left euro and went to MR and refused to go try any other server... when MR was 1 of the wankest servers i've ever played, run by a complete twat.

I did think about doing a euro copy, but that would be a massive waste of the files... chronicles has done just that and ruined the server imo, everyones played euro before.. why would you want to play it again.

FiveHeroes is not a low med or high rate or any of that ... it is its own custom rate.. aka NOT EURO COPY.

This is not just aimed at you, but everyone out that that doesn't want to try a server because it "looks" or "sounds" too high rate.... go play the server for 30minutes.. then make your OWN DECISION! If after that you decide its not your thing, fair enough, provide me with some feedback and i'll take it on board and wish you the best of luck.

We have talked about maybe releasing a euro copy to run along side the main server IF there is demand for it and theres enough people to not divide ... but thats thinking wayyyyyyyy too far down the line, and probably wouldnt happen as I dont see the point in euro copies, but we're always open to ideas.

Last edited:

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Finally... Know we can actually put whos the best mir player to rest! I actually love the fact your making it so thrusting in pvp is usefull again, seems like only server since 1.4 thrusting has been useful on is three hero's but i would only ever use on there if they was in my line of site much rather hit flying thrust then big flame sword! Hopefully this server will not be down to has the best tweaks and pc though because that's all it on chronicles.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Finally... Know we can actually put whos the best mir player to rest! I actually love the fact your making it so thrusting in pvp is usefull again, seems like only server since 1.4 thrusting has been useful on is three hero's but i would only ever use on there if they was in my line of site much rather hit flying thrust then big flame sword! Hopefully this server will not be down to has the best tweaks and pc though because that's all it on chronicles.
As I said me and Hany have completely different PC's and we was pvpin and we both was the same speed... being able to hit each other while running and stuff was pretty cool. Its hard to explain but when you get ingame and test you'll see what I mean... so many are going to have to adjust and learn to play with some skill rather than relying on pure speed.

We are trying to make every spell useful for certain situations... just small tweaks here and there that make the difference.
for example blade avalache is more powerful, so is slaying, thrusting and the sides of halfmoon/xhm

Archers have 2 types of single target spells.. 1 is powerful the closer u are, 1 is more powerful the further away you are... its not rocket science as to which you use but still provides you with some kind of choice as to what to use in different situations

Taos have different kind of summons for different situations... Wiz and sin have skills that let them get out of sticky situations but with CDs.. so need to be used at the right moment.

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
As I said me and Hany have completely different PC's and we was pvpin and we both was the same speed... being able to hit each other while running and stuff was pretty cool. Its hard to explain but when you get ingame and test you'll see what I mean... so many are going to have to adjust and learn to play with some skill rather than relying on pure speed.

We are trying to make every spell useful for certain situations... just small tweaks here and there that make the difference.
for example blade avalache is more powerful, so is slaying, thrusting and the sides of halfmoon/xhm

Archers have 2 types of single target spells.. 1 is powerful the closer u are, 1 is more powerful the further away you are... its not rocket science as to which you use but still provides you with some kind of choice as to what to use in different situations

Taos have different kind of summons for different situations... Wiz and sin have skills that let them get out of sticky situations but with CDs.. so need to be used at the right moment.

Nice work bud love to see a server being worked on like this . cant wait for it ^_^.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Never understood the low/med/high rate thing either. Doesn't matter what the numbers are, everyone has equal opportunity to get them to be higher. Mir is effort based for the most part, put effort in and on average in the long run you will be rewarded.

Take someone who levels for 12 hours, and someone who levels 2 hours on a new server.

On a low rate GuyA will be level 30 and GuyB will be level 20.

On a higher rate GuyA will be level 60 and GuyB will be level 35.

But the level doesn't matter, he's still 10 hours ahead wether there's a 10 level gap or a 25 level gap.

Effort:reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Never understood the low/med/high rate thing either. Doesn't matter what the numbers are, everyone has equal opportunity to get them to be higher. Mir is effort based for the most part, put effort in and on average in the long run you will be rewarded.

Take someone who levels for 12 hours, and someone who levels 2 hours on a new server.

But the level doesn't matter, he's still 10 hours ahead wether there's a 10 level gap or a 25 level gap.

Exactly xD +1

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Correct but on Low Rate, someone who levels for say 500 hours will be level 46 and someone who levels for 100 Hours will be 42...

The difference is still small enough for the person with 100 hours to compete. however on high rate would have no chance because of the difference in levels far out ways any skill/gear.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Correct but on Low Rate, someone who levels for say 500 hours will be level 46 and someone who levels for 100 Hours will be 42...

The difference is still small enough for the person with 100 hours to compete. however on high rate would have no chance because of the difference in levels far out ways any skill/gear.
completely wrong in all honesty. everything im about to say is based on my previous servers... this is gonna be different depending on the server obviously...

for starters being high level doesnt mean ur gonna have good stats.. on a lot of my servers i do good stated low level rare items, so u might be lvl 500 with 300 dc, where as someone might be lvl 300 with 400 dc.

most my servers have (and so will this) had a level cap, meaning everyone eventually gets to the same level give or take a few levels... theres still rewards for people that want to continue to level, but in the form of gold/items instead of more levels

the difference between being lvl 42 and 46 on euro was HUGE especially as a wiz if you continue stuff like flamefield.

if you only put in 1/5 of the time dont expect to be at the same level.. end of story really.

low and high are all the same.... wow and mir ... mir and diablo... mir and every bloody game is the same... person A playing for 100 hours will not beat person B playing for 500 hours. even games like FPS the chances are the guy that plays and practises more will be better

also waht you mentioned is why ppl give up and stop playing low rates at high level.. because reward vs time invested is pathetic... ppl love the 0-40 because its a more of a med/high rate style... soon as they hit that super low rate stuff they get bored and quit

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
completely wrong in all honesty. everything im about to say is based on my previous servers... this is gonna be different depending on the server obviously...

for starters being high level doesnt mean ur gonna have good stats.. on a lot of my servers i do good stated low level rare items, so u might be lvl 500 with 300 dc, where as someone might be lvl 300 with 400 dc.

most my servers have (and so will this) had a level cap, meaning everyone eventually gets to the same level give or take a few levels... theres still rewards for people that want to continue to level, but in the form of gold/items instead of more levels

the difference between being lvl 42 and 46 on euro was HUGE especially as a wiz if you continue stuff like flamefield.

if you only put in 1/5 of the time dont expect to be at the same level.. end of story really.

low and high are all the same.... wow and mir ... mir and diablo... mir and every bloody game is the same... person A playing for 100 hours will not beat person B playing for 500 hours. even games like FPS the chances are the guy that plays and practises more will be better

also waht you mentioned is why ppl give up and stop playing low rates at high level.. because reward vs time invested is pathetic... ppl love the 0-40 because its a more of a med/high rate style... soon as they hit that super low rate stuff they get bored and quit

I fully understand what your saying High rate can most certainly be balanced, I would even go as far as saying better then low rate because there is more room for error.

What I guess most people and like myself have tried high rates before and was completely put off by how easy / unbalanced levels became... I am willing to bet this is where most the negativity about rates come from.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
People can say rates don't matter but they do, why else would anyone play MMO's? They are all the same.. you kill stuff, get better equipment and up your stats, thats it. Its all about progression. If you don't see enough of it you get bored, see too much of it and you think its silly. As far as mir goes I like to see it sitting somewhere in the middle.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Its all about content and progression like Wond said.

Server A
Max lvl50 achievable in 100hours.
1 item per lvl per class
1 quest per level.

Server B
Max lvl500 achievable in 100hours.
1 item per 10lvls per class
1 quest per 10 lvls.

They are exactly the same fun/reward-wise.

A good server is defined by how much content it has not by its rates. Ppl speaking about rates and things "handed on a plate" are just retards. There are ppl like me that have spent 1000s of hours on ben's high rate servers yet u will see retards playing a few 100 hours on a euro-clone like Chronicles calling ben's servers "easy". Its just irrelevant

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I fully understand what your saying High rate can most certainly be balanced, I would even go as far as saying better then low rate because there is more room for error.

What I guess most people and like myself have tried high rates before and was completely put off by how easy / unbalanced levels became... I am willing to bet this is where most the negativity about rates come from.
But thats because the server itself is crap. The problem is euro is already done... theres loads of things unbalanced and wrong with euro, but ppl see that as the standard unfortunately.

People can say rates don't matter but they do, why else would anyone play MMO's? They are all the same.. you kill stuff, get better equipment and up your stats, thats it. Its all about progression. If you don't see enough of it you get bored, see too much of it and you think its silly. As far as mir goes I like to see it sitting somewhere in the middle.
thats the point im trying to make with low rates... up to about lvl 40 they are somewhere in the middle where you see decent reward vs time invested... but once ur lookin at lvl 45+ ur just wasting 100s of hours of ur life for 5hp increase

ne way lets not go off topic with the low vs high rate discussion.. the server is custom rate, and thats all there is 2 it

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
Still cant recieve my pw for your forums for some reason, its not gone to my junk folder either, any luck in fixing this?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I'm on the same boat as this chap Ben, get it sorted man.
hanys looking into it atm, but if u and anyone else having this problem wnat to send me a message on here ill get it sorted

just tell me the account name and the email its registered 2

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
Hope beta is soon would love to get in game and play this im sick of chronicles now