smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Its been a while since ive posted about any work ive done, so just to keep anyone interested updated, the server is still running in open beta with no live date planned.

One thing ive wanted to fix was the ability to stop players logging into the same account to instantly disconnect the player from the server avoiding certain things like the 10 sec combat cooldown or the pk dodge.

This is now done and you can no longer log into an account that is already active on the server

1615291447640.png

Im not interested in players that account share and is their fault if someone is already on their account, i also wont deal with reports of account hacking if players are using the same id and pass on my server that they have used on other servers.

also in the image above is a very quick look at the crystalmines that are in serpent forest (not on the live server) once ive done the mobs ill get it over to the live server.

what has been done is the lower level version of the Floating Isles

1615291642954.png

designed for groups as this is a pretty tough location, especially for those without poison resistance on their gear.

there is no way to get to this place atm but once ive done the entrance and how i want it, it will be on the live server. ill post when its done.

Now kids are back to school i have more time that i can dedicate to sitting down and actaully getting things done.

still got a long way to go but the basics are in so players are able to log in and get acustomed to my new gui. Quests are bugged and wont work untill im on that stage.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Not a huge fan of Mir 2.. but this looks really well-done... great work! :)

Reactions: Sanjian

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Would you be willing to share how this was done sanj? I think default files should work like this too just as QoL and security

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Would you be willing to share how this was done sanj? I think default files should work like this too just as QoL and security
I suspect it's checking if there's already a PlayerObject Connection assigned (not null) to the Account (I.E the account is logged in already and somebody playing)
Would first look in Envir.cs where it handles the Login, create a new result to indicate why their login failed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3gena

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Yeah we nabbed the idea for Ody!

10/10 for the sexy idea Sanj.
yeah i dont blame you :)

what im going to do next work out how to link it so players stay logged in if they still under the combat timer, so players cant alt + f4, well they can and it will close the client but im going to work out how to make it so players stay connected in the server.

i think thats going to be abit harder, but if i manage it ill share it.

the only downside would be if players legitimatly lag out.... they will die.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
yeah i dont blame you :)

what im going to do next work out how to link it so players stay logged in if they still under the combat timer, so players cant alt + f4, well they can and it will close the client but im going to work out how to make it so players stay connected in the server.

i think thats going to be abit harder, but if i manage it ill share it.

the only downside would be if players legitimatly lag out.... they will die.

Yeah the latter being the real problem the insta disconnect functiton solves.

just hotkey Alt F4 to @kill [self] hahah

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
account relogging will fix it but its just easy to have task manager open and force close the client, that is a bypass that isnt fixed yet
can you not hide the .exe from the process list ?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
My implementation was a little bit more strict, however I can't remember if this was on Zircon or just Sapphire. (it's been that long)

If someone attempts to force log someone, the player would be disconnected (instantly), however if they are in combat, they would remain in game for 10 seconds (Just standing there).

The reason for this method, was the same as above, but if someone was being hacked, they could at least disconnect the player from doing anymore harm.

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
The graphical design looks amazing and this was one of the servers I was looking forward to play but pk system from what I heard is the most carebear I have ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.