Fully wiping a pc

smoochy boys on tour

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Basically recently got the malware.ramnet bug sumhow and have ran numerous different anti-virus's to try and remove it ( one even finding 17k infactions of it), in which apart from disabling my exe's it redirects my browser to dodgy sites after using a search engine such as google.

So far ive reinstalled xp from disk twice and it still remains, but noticed that dosent even fully wipe my pc anymore as i still have alot of files left over from the beginning, also wont lemme use the format c: command in promt but it says cannot lock the drive as the volume is still in use, so was wondering if anyone knew any ways i cud completly wipe my harddrive so i can reinstall windows from completly fresh with nothing at all left on the drive?

Ive tried killdisk and some other prog in which neither of them allowed it so was wondering if theres any other ways or programs that anyone knows of that 100% works as it seems this is the only way im gonna get rid of this infection.

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
When booting into the XP disk it should give you the option to fully format the HDD

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Or just boot into safemode with networking and run mbam 'Anti Malware Malware Bytes' this should resolve your issues, however if your registry is corrupt still, create a new user account and copy your files across :)