Game resolution.

Join Discord

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I know it's been thrown around a bit. Especially with the last bunch of servers adding higher res. But how many people actually used anything higher than 1366 X 769?
Is it worth investing time into making it work properly?

Personally, I really like it out in the open, when it started feeling bad was in caves (on TPR) your torch lit up literally 10% of my monitor, the rest was black. Tho default torch seems a lot better for whatever reason. (Maybe I just remember wrong)

At least, it makes my maps look way better. Tho obviously in need of a new UI.
sYrGpv.jpg

The camp is definitely too cluttered, seeing it like this. (and the vase object has moved :( )
QqgdKk.jpg

3e6Ik8.jpg

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
You need UI something like mir3 for these maps. That is the other more modern UI some mir2 servers also use. Or get rid of the blue hue, myself I don't like it colored as you have it (hope you take it in the spirit of honest critique). Otherwise the maps look damn good (but you're right, remove about one third of the clutter on that second camp map (I am daft, don't see anything vase like, shifted or not shifted). Is that 1366? It looks more than that, maybe 1920x1080? Looks to me plenty high resolution.

Light is pain on some servers, my memory of euro mir is the light was better somehow. But some servers excel in making caves dark, making you feel old and wonder if you should get new glasses. I raised the issue in past, one server used lanterns that on default files give most light, still I like best the caves that have either lots of light, or daylight (but that tends to spoil atmosphere).

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
It's 1920*1080
Just wondering if it's worth the effort to change resolution.

Must have made them in the wrong layer, as they all moved down 1 cell.
(Not really relevant, just noticed when I posted the screenshot)
C9XluZ.jpg

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
It's 1920*1080
Just wondering if it's worth the effort to change resolution.

Must have made them in the wrong layer, as they all moved down 1 cell.
(Not really relevant, just noticed when I posted the screenshot)
C9XluZ.jpg
Errors will be made ha if you still awake at 4:30 am :P