Gamer Kills fellow player, Literally

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
An online gamer was sentenced to death after murdering a fellow player — in real life — because of a dispute over a virtual weapon used in a fantasy game. Qiu Chengwei, 41, was found guilty of stabbing to death Zhu Caoyuan, a fellow player of 'Legend of Mir III'.

His sentence was suspended for 2 years and could be reduced to 15 years in prison with good behaviour.

Qiu confronted Zhu in February after learning that he sold the virtual weapon lent to him by Qiu.
Qiu reported the loss of the Dragon Sabre to police but was told it wasn’t real property protected by the law.

Prosecutors said Zhu promised to hand over the 7,200 yuan, the equivalent of about $870 US, that he received but Qiu grew impatient and attacked Zhu at his home, stabbing him repeatedly in the chest. Zhu “was sleeping when Qiu broke into his home.

Online fantasy games — often violent — are hugely popular in China, attracting tens of millions of players.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
is this a bump? i could have sworn someone posted this over 2 months ago.

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Nope it isn't.

Here's more of the story.

A court official, Chen Zhongyi, said he was unable to confirm the sentence or other details of the case.

Xinhua quoted the victim’s father Zhu Caoyuan, Zhu Huimin, as saying the family would appeal.

Zhu “was sleeping when Qiu broke into his home. He was barely able to put on his pants before Qiu stabbed him,” Zhu Huimin was quoted as saying.

“We want Qiu to die, and immediately,” Zhu said.

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
This has already been posted hasn't it?

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Yes it has, it's ridiculous though. Mir's good but not THAT good as to take someones life over a god damn item.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Did you get it of torrentspy news?

Because i read that here a few months ago and read it on torrentspy last night

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
him killing the guy was old news... the new news was about him being sent to jail for life, from the court, which was reported on bbc new around a week ago... old news tbh.

people tho take the game to serious, there s a new report about a guy playing ever quest for 5 days straight, and starte to illusanate that charectors were coming from his screen.... and he shot his screen then shot himself in the head.....

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
..... kinda old gilga you gota admit, but calm down i kno vannaroths a knobjockey but you shudnt tell him to go die really =p

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
GilgaMesh said:
An online gamer was sentenced to death after murdering a fellow player.

this is new aint it? cuz i dont remeber him gettin sentenced to death for it

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
DeathWish said:
this is new aint it? cuz i dont remeber him gettin sentenced to death for it
Thank you. An I apologise to everyone else for my outburst at Vannaroth but he's lame comments all the time are getting on my boobies.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
just like everything else that gets on your boobies O_O shpunkendly pwned :doggy!:

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
shpuuunk, .. what? oh rite the forum, every1 has boobies!!! just wether yours are female boobies or male boobies or fat ******* male boobies O_O ^__^ :doggy!: