Xbox gold membership

And the watch worth 350 pounds

I recommend it to all of you it's the best thing atm

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Earlier this year I swapped from iPhone to try the Samsung ZFlip4.

The fold malfunctioned after 32 days, Samsung wanted £450 to repair and EE said their policy is within 30 days they will fix for free.

All in all £1000 wasted.

Hopefully you will have a better experience with the Pixel, sounds like you got a nice deal on that with the watch included as well.

• Wow
Reactions: Tai

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Hows the watch?
Was looking at them in the past but never really checked them out.

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
You have to collect the google pixel fold from shop I had it pre orderd only 4 days ago

I collected today and the launch date was today

You have to wait 14 days for the watch and collect that in store
Post automatically merged:

This phone has 3 screens

also 1080i
and 4k
16ram
250 hard drive
the new m2 chip

summet else this I just got the hang of split screen YouTube on the rite google on left so music can be constant without leaving YouTube wiked phone

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I didn’t even know they were making a fold lol

I think 2k for a phone is crazy and the same for 80 per month! But enjoy

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Xbox gold pass ,12 months ontop
Post automatically merged:

Is mir2 the dragonking anygood

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Earlier this year I swapped from iPhone to try the Samsung ZFlip4.

The fold malfunctioned after 32 days, Samsung wanted £450 to repair and EE said their policy is within 30 days they will fix for free.

All in all £1000 wasted.

Hopefully you will have a better experience with the Pixel, sounds like you got a nice deal on that with the watch included as well.
Don't Samsung have an obligation to fix it in such a short space? For example, it should be under warranty, the item you've recently bought should be fit for purpose, 32 days is not fit for purpose. You can't sell someone a product and then refuse to fix it if it malfunctions (through no fault of your own, such as accidental damage) and expect the consumer to pay for it.

Edit: I checked their website and smartphones come with 24 month warranty as standard. This would suggest they're trying to argue that you broke it and it wasn't a result of the device malfunctioning, which if not the case, you should have escalated it further and argued the case.

Reactions: Tai

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Don't Samsung have an obligation to fix it in such a short space? For example, it should be under warranty, the item you've recently bought should be fit for purpose, 32 days is not fit for purpose. You can't sell someone a product and then refuse to fix it if it malfunctions (through no fault of your own, such as accidental damage) and expect the consumer to pay for it.

Edit: I checked their website and smartphones come with 24 month warranty as standard. This would suggest they're trying to argue that you broke it and it wasn't a result of the device malfunctioning, which if not the case, you should have escalated it further and argued the case.
I believe the fold does have warranty and especially covers if the phone has broken in the "fold area".
I know two people that have sent theirs's for repair after around a year.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England

Yes mate, long story but I work in an office so the phone is always just on the desk not being bashed around or abused, and I always look after my phones, they are always pristine even after a couple of years use. I am really crazy for keeping them clean with microfibre clothes and wiping the screens, almost OCD type thing.

There was literally a hairline scratch (no cracks or dents anywhere at all on the phone) on the outer bezel that I hadn't even noticed before sending it back, I was so annoyed when I got the email back for the cost and the reason It wouldn't be fixed under warranty as I knew there would be nothing noticeable.

Customer service were no help either, took an age to get in touch with them and when I did they wouldn't send any images or a detailed reason of how this could affect the screen malfunctioning, I even attached videos of the screen flashing bright white on opening and closing the fold that I had purposely video myself about a week prior to it actually just stopping but still no help.

Will never buy a Samsung product again after that experience, which is a shame because I would of had one of those new Oddessy monitors but I definitely can't trust them in any sense if something goes wrong with that as well!

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
They wouldn't fix it under warranty because it was scratched?
Yes, ended up using my banking insurance to get it replaced for £100 and sold it on Ebay.

Will try and find the listing photos there was literally not a mark on it when it was returned, not even enough to put it in the sale description.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Yes mate, long story but I work in an office so the phone is always just on the desk not being bashed around or abused, and I always look after my phones, they are always pristine even after a couple of years use. I am really crazy for keeping them clean with microfibre clothes and wiping the screens, almost OCD type thing.

There was literally a hairline scratch (no cracks or dents anywhere at all on the phone) on the outer bezel that I hadn't even noticed before sending it back, I was so annoyed when I got the email back for the cost and the reason It wouldn't be fixed under warranty as I knew there would be nothing noticeable.

Customer service were no help either, took an age to get in touch with them and when I did they wouldn't send any images or a detailed reason of how this could affect the screen malfunctioning, I even attached videos of the screen flashing bright white on opening and closing the fold that I had purposely video myself about a week prior to it actually just stopping but still no help.

Will never buy a Samsung product again after that experience, which is a shame because I would of had one of those new Oddessy monitors but I definitely can't trust them in any sense if something goes wrong with that as well!
I'm sorry to hear they were so unhelpful on this occasion, and clearly trying to avoid their obligations.

Had I known at the time, I could of gained some solid advice for you. I have about 6-8 friends that work there within their complaints team as both senior advisors and managers and I could definitely of questioned it for you.

I wouldn't care, I really fancy one for my next phone (I've even been comparing them to the new Google Pixel) but this puts me off slightly.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I'm sorry to hear they were so unhelpful on this occasion, and clearly trying to avoid their obligations.

Had I known at the time, I could of gained some solid advice for you. I have about 6-8 friends that work there within their complaints team as both senior advisors and managers and I could definitely of questioned it for you.

I wouldn't care, I really fancy one for my next phone (I've even been comparing them to the new Google Pixel) but this puts me off slightly.
Ahh that's a shame mate ffs, oh well it's just one of them things now.

I genuinely think there was a mix up their end with my phone with someone else's, but I would of thought that would be very unlikely with them having IMEI numbers etc?

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I am considering Google Pixel when I get my next smartphone.

Very good quality pictures with them.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Very good quality pictures with them.
Speaking of picture quality... I was given virtually new Huawei P20 Pro by a faithful iPhone user, who bought this Android phone back in 2018 as a photography fan since it was billed as having the best camera on the market. It was shortly then that Huawei started to be seen as security danger and media were full of it and this, coupled with the person's unfamiliarity with Android OS led to this phone being put in a drawer a few months later and only taken out this summer to be given to me.

The phone still has the Android version from 2018 (called EMUI 8.1) and it won't update. I found there are many others who were unable to update their phones over the years and still running the original Android current at the time of the phone purchase. I looked into unlocking the phone and found that Huawei stopped providing the unlocking code many years ago and the phone support altogether was dropped shortly afterwards, probably as a response to the brand being ostracized as an extended arm of the Chinese communist party.

The camera on the phone is probably holding its own even today, was a big step up from iPhone6 I had previously (also a 'pass on' gift) and which stopped running many apps as they updated over time. I only ever purchased a new phone (my first one) back when they still had buttons. I am too cheap to shell out so much money on something that has built in battery which is very hard or even near to impossible to replace when the time comes (never mind that battery replacements usually suck).

Reading about the phone service stories like this one or my own experience regarding this Huawei phone, just adds to my resistance to buy a new phone whenever I am tempted. After sales service would be a big factor for me if I would ever consider buying a new phone. I suppose one way to shield oneself from the risk is to buy the phone tethered to a service provider but that's not for me as I am not a heavy phone addict as most folks are.

Last edited:

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Speaking of picture quality... I was given virtually new Huawei P20 Pro by a faithful iPhone user, who bought this Android phone back in 2018 as a photography fan since it was billed as having the best camera on the market. It was shortly then that Huawei started to be seen as security danger and media were full of it and this, coupled with the person unfamiliarity with Android OS led to this phone being put in a drawer a few months later and only taken out this summer to be given to me.

The phone still has the Android version from 2018 (called EMUI 8.1) and it won't update. I found there are many others who were unable to update their phones over the years and still running the original Android current at the time or the phone purchase. I looked into unlocking the phone and found that Huawei stopped providing the unlocking code many years ago and the phone support altogether was dropped shortly afterwards, probably as a response to the brand being ostracized as an extended arm of the Chinese communist party.

The camera on the phone is probably holding its own even today, was a big step up from iPhone6 I had previously (also a 'pass on' gift) and which stopped running many apps as they updated over time. I only ever purchased a new phone (my first one) back when they still had buttons. I am too cheap to shell out so much money on something that has built in battery which is very hard or even near to impossible to replace when the time comes.

Reading about the phone service stories like this one or those regarding this Huawei phone, just adds to my resistance to buy a new phone whenever I am tempted. After sales service would be a big factor for me if I would ever consider buying a new phone. I suppose one way to shield oneself from the risk is to buy the phone tethered to a service provider but that's not for me as I am not a heavy phone addict as most folks are.
I'm still very good on the old android.

Google is the future.