Suggestion Guild Territory Changes?? is this possible?

Classical

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 2, 2018
Just had abit of a brain storm, with the Guild Territory, would this be able to get changed and used as a housing feature, where only married couples will be able to apply for a house, but have 3 choices to choose from i.e......House, Castle, Palace each will need items to build with and cost about 10mil, do ya think this will be possible ??

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I always liked how Dark Age of Camelot did there housing system, where you could purchase houses NPC's offering different discounts and usage but also could sell items from it.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Gt isn't in crystal files, if that's the set you're referring to

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Classical

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 2, 2018
Gt isn't in crystal files, if that's the set you're referring to

Do you know where i could get the code from to add into game, i just wanna change it so it be a different system may as well alter systems rather then chucking them away :D still an asset to mir :P

<3

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You would have to do all the code yourself

Upvote 0

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I used map instances, was simple.

Edit: To clarify, its all npc related, and all the commands are on the wiki to get it working.
Just make liberal use of the data saves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I used map instances, was simple.

Edit: To clarify, its all npc related, and all the commands are on the wiki to get it working.
Just make liberal use of the data saves.

Arent there some things the GT has which isn't directly possible with an npc? Such as decorating?

I've never used / seen GT so barely know how it works.

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I've always hated GTs, it makes town maps a lot less populated.

from what I remember it was a map with a garden area and a house you could go in.
the house had a second floor and I am sure it had a dungeon (that might have been just that server) but yeah the main thing was decorations you could buy mobs, ornaments and such (known as dusts) and could place them anywhere in the GT; it was pretty pointless xD

Upvote 0

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

from what I remember it was a map with a garden area and a house you could go in.
the house had a second floor and I am sure it had a dungeon (that might have been just that server) but yeah the main thing was decorations you could buy mobs, ornaments and such (known as dusts) and could place them anywhere in the GT; it was pretty pointless xD

Think the dungeons was what people added, not on the official.

GT's were pretty useless, to be fair. Even more so on private servers with 20 users.

Upvote 0

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Think the dungeons was what people added, not on the official.

GT's were pretty useless, to be fair. Even more so on private servers with 20 users.

As both above said GT's just add spots for people to hide and make servers less populated.

A cool idea for GT's would be to expand them to cover towns, Border Territory, Prajna etc... with bigger cities being unclaimable / war zones.

Then owning guild has the ability to buy dusts and decorate town which will then at end of lease of X days/weeks disappear! Imagine customising a town people will actually see!

Upvote 0

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa

I have to disagree. I played servers where GT was actually useful. There was a lot of grinding and hunting to level up the guild level and get bonuses with it like special potions, talismans, pets, teleport to caves, etc. Without that guilds are pretty much useless.

Upvote 0

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I have to disagree. I played servers where GT was actually useful. There was a lot of grinding and hunting to level up the guild level and get bonuses with it like special potions, talismans, pets, teleport to caves, etc. Without that guilds are pretty much useless.

I'm talking about the bog standard GT mainly.

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
As both above said GT's just add spots for people to hide and make servers less populated.

A cool idea for GT's would be to expand them to cover towns, Border Territory, Prajna etc... with bigger cities being unclaimable / war zones.

Then owning guild has the ability to buy dusts and decorate town which will then at end of lease of X days/weeks disappear! Imagine customising a town people will actually see!

now that idea would be amazing.
Owning a village in Bichon or something!

Upvote 0

Classical

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 2, 2018

This is why i suggested that instead of it being for GT, use it as a housing system, where only a married couple could purchase / build a house, this would of kept the towns populated.

Wasn't there only like 10 GT's anyways ??

Yes this idea seems ace i like the idea ^_^ would be a totally new feel to mir :P

Upvote 0

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Arent there some things the GT has which isn't directly possible with an npc? Such as decorating?

I've never used / seen GT so barely know how it works.

I have no idea how the origonal GT worked either, tho i had the system he is asking for (applied housing) working fine this way. Including the decorating with a little extra effort, as you saw before:)

Sounds like 'he' just wants an instanced map married couples can go to... maybe I'm wrong.

The only difference is i set it up so anyone can visit anyone elses 'house', but obviously not change anything there, because segregation is a terrible idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0