Had a pint with Sir Bobby Charlton

smoochy boys on tour

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
I was on the remembrance parade earlier today in manchester and afterwards we had a free bar which was awesome so was getting pissed n next thing i knew bobby charlton was there so i got to go over n talk to him for abit:001_tt1: lol

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Lol'd at people not knowing who he was.
I'd love to meet him, and i don't even follow football.

vn1 matey!
I too am on my second poppy Jealy, but it's all for a good cause.
JohnBarny what'd you do in the RAF - it's something im looking into (hopefully at officer level) at the moment and was funnily enough going to make a thread asking if anyone was in armed forces.

/Gand

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
You guys seriously not know who he is?

I mean come on, you may not like football, but nearly everyone knows Sir Bobby?

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Ive also met Bobby at an England match. Shook his hand and sniffed it afterwards.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
pff we had our own parade on base, didn't goto London :) but yeah nvm. Nice on on meeting sir bob. gotta have my poppy in my beret behind my cap badge.

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
He was in Manchester, not London.

Glad somebody set him straight ;)

And Sir Bobby Charlton, won the World Cup in 1966 and also won European player of that year as well? If I've got my facts right, oh and also played for that lower league club . . . Manchester United, while he was playing there he was one of the only survivors of the Air plane crash thing, was it in Munich? and he was the youngest one or something?

Just a brief back ground info :)

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Lol'd at people not knowing who he was.
I'd love to meet him, and i don't even follow football.

vn1 matey!
I too am on my second poppy Jealy, but it's all for a good cause.
JohnBarny what'd you do in the RAF - it's something im looking into (hopefully at officer level) at the moment and was funnily enough going to make a thread asking if anyone was in armed forces.

/Gand
Im a Cis OM or ICT tech or whatever they call it at the afcos now it changes every 2 months lol. If your wanting to go for a techy trade and specialize in something like IT or Aircraft I would advise not to go for officer as officers can only join as general engineers it works all differently for them. I was in navy a few years ago and defiantly prefer the raf we tend to get alot more cushty jobs than army n navy n our living quarters are miles better no offense omen :P. I know omen is REME (army) if you want to know anything about what it likes feel free to pm me or reply here