Had an idea not sure how plausable it is or how popular.

smoochy boys on tour

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
With all the success crowdfunding is having recently, would it not be possible for us as a community to start a kickstarter project to raise the funding to buy the liscence for mir. This forum has a very high amount of extremely good programmers and developers where mir is concerned and everyone here knows the game inside out.

People theow money at 10 minute servers and kit so why dont we use that money to bring this game back to its former glory. The added bonus is if tw target isnt reached all the donators will recieve their money back if kickstarter or similar is used.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
With all the success crowdfunding is having recently, would it not be possible for us as a community to start a kickstarter project to raise the funding to buy the liscence for mir. This forum has a very high amount of extremely good programmers and developers where mir is concerned and everyone here knows the game inside out.

People theow money at 10 minute servers and kit so why dont we use that money to bring this game back to its former glory. The added bonus is if tw target isnt reached all the donators will recieve their money back if kickstarter or similar is used.

I very much doubt even if you raised the correct funds they would openly give LOMCN their files with the rep it has.

and i don't Mir has the kind of community to raise such funds needed for this kind of thing anyway.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
fair enough was just a random thought i hade.
i didnt meen to have the files available to everyone just a chosen team.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Wemxxx never reply.
I've emailed them many times over many issues and had one reply.

I might try "Here's a million quid, let me have Mir2", bet they still wouldn't reply.
I've even sent translations (pidgin online ones) stil no joy.

I think as soon as they see the origin of the equiries are England or somewhere in Europe, they just bin it.

Fools.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'd guess they don't take any such offers seriously and it never even gets to the proper people. If you don't have some significant company behind you, your best chance might be personal trip to Seoul and trying to arrange some meeting. And doing that means doing everything proper which means not cheap. Koreans put lots of weight on such things.

Second, I know mir is now fairly old but is it total 'has been', done for? What I mean is this, suppose there are still some korean servers running or suppose mir is licensed out to some chinese company, what then? Do you buy it including those obligations, which then pass onto you?

Third, mir2 may not be an 'isolated game' (simple to sell off) when it comes to copyrights, mir3 may be part of it (even if as a game it may have been cleanly split off which I think is the case - there may still be copyright issues when it comes to names in game and even the name of the game itself LOL) and who knows if not even some 3D mir successor game might not be enmeshed in it. Similar example in real estate might be if you were after buying 1st floor of some three or four story building that was built in stages, that is not all floors at once as is usual, and there are tenants to deal with...

Anyway, don't want to discourage anybody, still I would advise personal trip and personal dealing, working your way to up to those who have some say in these matters.