Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

smoochy boys on tour

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Seen it twice so far, wednesday and today. It's an okay film however quite long but the ending is quite short.

They missed out / changed a lot from the book, minor details they change however rather notice-a-ble imo. Nothing new for a book-to-film movie, though!

There's a few laughs in it as most Harry Potter films, some nice effects as always, not much to say about the film really but I'd say it's worth going to see, whether you have read the book(s) or not.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
im seeing this on wednesday, propper lookin forward to it, bin waiting ages.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I was quite disappointed. There was no big battle, And the ending was really quick and sudden. Stormed out in a huff I did.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I was quite disappointed. There was no big battle, And the ending was really quick and sudden. Stormed out in a huff I did.

It's easily the best Potter film so far.

There was no big battle in the book either. There is a battle but you only see brief glimpses of it through Harry's eyes as he chases Snape.

The changes mostly worked and the bits cut will probably appear in the next film.

Snowman

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 30, 2005
its bound to have a **** ending, its only half of the book aint it?

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Yeah, I said to a friend, that The Half Blood Prince film was probably just a build up to the next film.

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
half blood prince = more comedy, less action.

Next film will have your action dw.

8/10 for me this one.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
seriously no action? theres been no good fight scenes in the last 4 potters, i really wanted harry to actually show how good hes meant to be.

this better not let me down like the last film

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Next film will be Harry, Hermione & Ron on a "search", avoiding Death Eaters and shizzle.

Last film will be
The big battle at Hogwarts, where Harry sort of "dies" and see's dumbledore, then kills Voldemort

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
I watched it last Wednesday (when it came out I think).

Yeah it's a good film and had a few funny moments like when Harry drank the lucky potion.

As others mentioned - was a very sudden ending; with Harry going "lets find the death eaters" or something then Hermione going "you can't seriously do it on your own" etc. So going to be the gang next film.

I hope Harry does a leet spell like dumbledore in the river place (where u find the fake voldemorte necklace) - the fire spell but even bigger when he fights. Either way, Harry has to turn ****ing strong or ima hate HP.

Good film though, WATCH IT.

Last edited by a moderator:

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Harry potter did actually make me want to punch the cinema screen, he is such a wimp it's unbelieveable. 3/2 words to kill some, i'd be chanting that all day long till i killed all the dam death eaters.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
harry potter films are ok, exept harry potter himself. Am i the only one who doesn't have wool pulled over their eyes? he is such an awful actor. "He was their friend and he betrayed them!!" sorry just using a line that was very badly acted, get him off the screen lol.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
deathy hollows is the last book isnt it? which is a 2 parter film comin next year.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
i want to see more lord of the rings not more Harry Potheads and Ronald Weezbags. Unfortunatly the author isn't alive anymore :(

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
i want to see more lord of the rings not more Harry Potheads and Ronald Weezbags. Unfortunatly the author isn't alive anymore :(

Have to agree, LOTR was awesome. Harry Trotter doesn't come close to it.

I've yet to watch this but it should be good - I've had Shabalabalong spoil the whole thing for me anyway -.- the *******. Oh well I don't really care WHAT happens I just like to see HOW it happens. If you get me.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I thought this one was the last film too, tbh I thought this one was crud like the rest of the hairy ploppers I think the last one might be the best due to the fact theres a battle building up or at least it looks like it.