HDD Failure

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
Hey, i was gaming on my laptop then the power suddenly cuts off (it somtimes does this and i turn back on and its fine) but this time i turn back on and i get "cant find operating system" then i look in the POST and i get System BIOS Shadowed, Video BIOS Shadowed...Then it freezes and i get the "Cant find operating system" i havnt got a clue why, its an acer aspire 5630 and i havnt installed anything new on it, was just playing mir 3 -.-

/John

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
Turns out it is most likely a hard drive problem as my friend took his hard drive out to see if he got the same error and he did. so i think ill have to buy a new hard drive untill i get my new computer in december.

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Turns out it is most likely a hard drive problem as my friend took his hard drive out to see if he got the same error and he did. so i think ill have to buy a new hard drive untill i get my new computer in december.
You also have a problem with your system board, its one of the biggest common faults with Acer system boards - System BIOS Shadowed and Video BIOS Shadowed .

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
hmmm, its k now :/ i got the hard drive out of my old laptop and put linux ubuntu on it (only thing i had on disk at the time) now i got XP Pro all working fine (Y) gotto send the hard drive back :P should get replaced...Thanks for your help