Help Lost Files

Join Discord

BroKeN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
In Miles Left Nostrel
Posted by LeeBazzaR

Thought id ask some of u brain boxes on LOMCN.

I keep all my music on a seperate hard drive. Never had a problem til today i tried playing a song.. it gave me some bull**** error then b00m the folders where gone. The hard drive space still indicates they are there but i cant see them. ( and not they are not hidden )
Ive tried using programs like Active Undelete and **** but . the files havent been deleted i just cant see them in anyway, not even via windows search. Any1 help me with this totally gay problem?

Sooden

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 21, 2003
in the hole i'm digging
I'm had that same sort of problem , lost partitions, Files Like windows/programfiles and files in wrong folder. some files are just lost becaus of a file aloctaion problems but..... I'm using a programe called File Scavenger v2.1 and i'm managing to recover a lot of files (including my mir 3 server :))

Trial version of that programes not much use but if you manage to get the full version, somehow, it may be able to get files back...

Its best to recover files to a different Drive... I know that can be hard to do, but i just had to buy a second 120gb harddrive >< but on the bright side -i'll have load more free (wasted) space at the end of it

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
BroKeN said:
Posted by LeeBazzaR

Thought id ask some of u brain boxes on LOMCN.

I keep all my music on a seperate hard drive. Never had a problem til today i tried playing a song.. it gave me some bull**** error then b00m the folders where gone. The hard drive space still indicates they are there but i cant see them. ( and not they are not hidden )
Ive tried using programs like Active Undelete and **** but . the files havent been deleted i just cant see them in anyway, not even via windows search. Any1 help me with this totally gay problem?
is the hdd old? use s.m.a.r.t. to check it out.

LeoCrasher

Ive recently had the same problem on my ITX Machine. It was happening because my hard disk was short of power. Perhaps the problem is that ur soaking up more joice than ur PSU can supply.

/Leo