[2.3] help needed for mir server on windows 7

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I ain't been around Mir in years, my name was mist on all private servers. So if anyone remembers me then give me a hand.

I just decided last nite, to try get a server up on my home pc. So I'm wondering is there any working downloads and guides to help me.

Please don't spam this with use the search button, as I've tried it and can't find any real useful downloads or guides. I just want simple Mir 2.3 so I can play it in its original state. I need a client that works and a Mir server, plus a step by step guide. As I ain't touched Mir files in like 7 years.

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Just tried to do hero's but can't log in. The server is up and running but my client seems to not let me on

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
im up and running now, thankyou mate. i had changed something by mistake. now all i need do is remember how to set myself as a gm and take it from there

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
Ok I have heroes up and running, but I just don't know it or anything about it. I really want to just run an old mir2.3 server as I know what I'm doing with that. I just need a simple guide which will let me get a 2.3 server up and. Runnin on my pc. So if anyone can post a simple guide and easy downloads id be grateful. Even if someo wanted use teamviewer to help me it be great.

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I have all the files, I just can't seem to get SQL2000 or SQL2005 to work on my pc. I've downloaded them both and tried install them but neither seem to work. It's doing my head in now.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Still can't get either of these two SQL programs working. Can anyone help me? I've been trying this now for over 3 days. Would love someone to help me.on teamviewer or something similar

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Still can't get either of these two SQL programs working. Can anyone help me? I've been trying this now for over 3 days. Would love someone to help me.on teamviewer or something similar

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
It seems they both don't work on it, I can't get either working no matter what I do. But SQL2005 says it will work.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Surely someone must of got a 2.3 server running on windows 7

Upvote 0

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I tried once ago the 2.3 files and I used SQL 2000. Google about it or watch videos about how to install it on W7.

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
ok i now have sql2005 installed on windows 7, i just need some to give me a full guide now on setting up the server on 7 and not vista

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
the link for the mirserver needed is not working, i need find another link so i can get them files

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I would stay away from 2.3 as they are out dated and will never proberly be updated again
Stick with 2.6(ruby) or heros as they have some awesome people coding them at the moment

Problem getting SQL working on W7 or vista is a major task if you manage to get it installed on your system the problem you now have can you access all your databases correctly

Personally I would stay away from SQL and TDs 2.3

Heros is just like 1.7 it's all .txt formatt which is more playable and more forgiving if you make a mistake, if you make a major mistake in 2.3 SQL you might loose the whole database as people liked to link them into one single db which can be cripplingif you don't make backups

Upvote 0

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Yea you need to use SQL 2000 i think, when i setup some files a while back sure there was a problem with connecting to the Database with SQL 2005.

Upvote 0

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I still need the files for this, or someone to help ne set up any off the other 2.3 files. I have a ruby and a heroes server running on my pc, but I just want a 2.3. As I want just play it on my own pc and add my own stuff. I know all about 2.3 but the new content in the other files is all new to me. Just want play a game I know and love. So if someone has some spare time and knows what there doing, please give me a hand to set this up.

Upvote 0