help needed - MSN Messenger

smoochy boys on tour

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
hey all

well i woke up this morning (feeling like ****, lol good night out), turned comp on etc etc put msn messenger on it says ID or PW is incorrect, so im like hmm, gutted! try it again, type my email addy in again and PW in again and it says the same, go to reset pw via Q+A and it says incorrect answer (the question is like 5 yrs old lol i dunno if its the right answer)

anyways i was wondering if this is the subject to a hacking, or some random **** up @ MSNs side,

if its a hacking what can i do / should i do? i really NEED my contacts list, and i need my emails off that account coz of college work etc...

also it has alot of details which could result in a lot of things being taken away (wont go into details, but i dont want anyone having whats on that account =/)

i mean if it was a hacking wouldnt the person change the Question anyways? or is it just like a piss take, like to frustrate me

so i was if anyone has ever had this, and if so what was the problem, and how was it resolved (if u did manage to resolve it)

thanks

Last edited:

wtf-this-time

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2005
Presuming you filled out your contact details correctly when you made the account.

Contact MSN Messenger support, they should be able to help you.

There's nothing we can do.

/Rick-e/

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
lol im not sure, like i said it was 5 years ago, i was 13 and the internet was a big scary unknown place in which everyone was told NOT to give out our details lol

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
DrowninG said:
lol im not sure, like i said it was 5 years ago, i was 13 and the internet was a big scary unknown place in which everyone was told NOT to give out our details lol
Contact MSN support, and tell them what happened. Provide as much as information about it as possible, like when was your last sucsessful login, when was it created (approx.) who was on the contact list etc. etc.

Oberon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2004
In Orbit around Uranus
DrowninG said:

Data Protection regulations 1984 (21 years ago) state that all companies registered with data protection (i.e. MSN) MUST by law keep a record of all files for a minimum of 6 years, well within your timeline.

The internet is over 20 years old, I've been using the damned invention for about 15 of those years, in that time I've lost a lot of stored informations and login details for various sites. To compensate for the event of overloading databases with unused information, a lot of companies delete, or backup, accounts unused for a long time. MSN, and hotmail, require you to login at least once in every 30 day period, if you've only used MSN and not the hotmail service, you will have lost your hotmail account. It can be restored, but you will have lost the emails completely. Your contacts should still be active.

Contact them if it is just a case of forgotten password, they usually send the information out to the email address they have on record. If this address still exists then all is fine. If not, sorry there's nothing anyone could do.

Last edited:

nightwish

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2005
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29634

If some1 has sent u a file, any file, they could have access to ur msn details. Also there is another very easy way to get hold of msn details. To cut it short msn staff give the person/hacker the details. Obviously i aint gonna say how but personally i think msn is just to easy to exploit. Obiously the person needs to know a bit about comps but it is easy.
Now i aint saying u have being hacked just a suggestion.