Help help, unusual request, regarding server downloads/reading server database.

Azzfad

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 8, 2016
so firstly, i have very little experience when it comes to this stuff.

i have essentially downloaded all the files to " start a basic server " however i am not trying to create a server, i just want to be able to look at a current server i am playings database to see more about what mobs drop which items, which are tameable etc etc. i have done this before on a mir 3 server using zircon server stuff but this was awhile ago, i've had a long break from mir and i cant remember at all how to do this.
especially on mir2 crystal files as i have never done it on these files before let alone set up a basic server using these files.

i have purely at this point got a client, library, mir2-master, server, tools folder in 1 folder, not that this will make much sense or is relivant. i can get onto my server folder, click server application and get onto the basic database i have downloaded with the files i found although i followed instructions its still got issues so i'm going to try again. https://www.lomcn.net/forum/threads/crystal-files-download-guide-new.105428/ this was guide. (i

i did look for other guides but couldn't find a server or client and it wasn't easy for me to understand. sorry for the long-winded post amateur sounding post.

hopefully someone can explain in laymans terms or put me onto a post that has all relevant client, server downloads to get me onto my own working basic server then explain what i would need to move to my folders from the current server im playing's folder to be able to read their database through my server application.

sorry again and any help would be much appreciated.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Depending on the server but at a guess, it won't be the same database as the standard files, so your have to ask the GM of said server to share his database and drop files (good luck with that) If you just want to look at the standard files, all will be in jevs database release here.

Reactions: Azzfad and Jev
Upvote 0

Azzfad

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 8, 2016
hmm, thanks for clearing that up.

i'm even more confused now as i have definitely done something like that before where i was switching a file from the servers folder into my folder and loading up my server application which was allowing me to see things on the database(unless i am making this all up lol) was quite awhile back, however this was the mir 3 zircon files and tbh im not the best when it comes to this stuff. i'm almost certain some of the things i could see was tamable, respawn times and potential drops of mobs cant remember fully. either way appreciate you giving abit insight.

as for getting onto a basic server again so i can familiarize myself with how it all works again, can someone treat me like a baby here. i copied the post that i linked above. i'm getting the error 1 issue that it says on error section. when i follow the error 1 regarding the start point, it doesn't seem to make any difference when i add the start point in as per instructions.

where do i need to add jevs database in my folder please, do you need to also add the other files from the link things like the .gitattributes and the README.md? also the envir folder / configs are these required too and should i be able to download the folder as i can only see the option to look at the code/ copy the code and have to add it manually somewhere? which would be an absolute pain? (not giving me an option to download the full Config Envir file, but rather show me the code.)

sorry i sound so stupid here.

i'm hoping by adding jev's database this will bypass that above error, but i'm getting a little confused what i need to do to add jevs database into the folder i currently have.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stom2022

LOMCN Member
Apr 20, 2022
place the configs, Envir and server.mirdb from jevs.rar folder u downloaded in to the debug or release server folder and then run the client wait till its finish with adding that u will need and then copy the maps from client and past it in the server folder

Upvote 0

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Using my database release should have you set up without really any errors, Don't feel worried you're doing something wrong because some folders don't have some of the files you will have, These files that are missing are either setup files which you would need to adjust yourself and name lists, guilds etc.

If you're having any issues, My dms are open.

Upvote 0

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
He wants to open another servers database in his own private server, which is not possible without the owner of said server giving you their database files.

it is possible to an extent on zircon, but youll need the server owner to give you their db files for crystal.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You can't do what you're asking with crystal. Zircon dB is copied client side, so you can take it from the client and open it in your server to see.

But crystal doesn't work that way. The database is just in the server so you can't access it

Reactions: zedina
Upvote 0

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
He wants to open another servers database in his own private server, which is not possible without the owner of said server giving you their database files.

it is possible to an extent on zircon, but youll need the server owner to give you their db files for crystal.
Makes much more sense.

Well best advice I think anyone can say is either use the database provided or just create your own. Either way they're plenty of guides.

Upvote 0

Azzfad

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 8, 2016
thank you guy's for clearing that up, makes more sense now.

i will persist to get onto the server using Jevs database (as i was even struggling with that even though there is endless guides lol) and go from there. ultimately my goal of reading the database for my own advantage has now gone out the window though haha.

thanks again

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

even then you'd need their entire exe as well due to version changes and such, will just get unreadable errors n the likes

Upvote 0