Help with Area Quest please

Join Discord

DivX:)

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
Im working my way through the area quest with my warrior and have came to the part that requiers me to kill 3 Scarecrows, i've been editing as I go but I cant fined where it checks on when I have killed all 3 Scarecrows.
The only place I can see is it might be in the "MapQuest.txt" but as I dont have a list of the Chines against the English word it gets a bit confusing. so...

Could u post a comparson list for ppl like myself. (I dont mined doing the work myself) or post a English "MapQuest.txt"

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
Been awhile with no answers, could someone tell me if there is or is not a problem with the quest? The chobo1 files came from this forum so could the person that translated it please answer. Looks like no one else has a clue what I'm on about.

Upvote 0

mir3Mist

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 11, 2005
must ensure mob names in the db are the same as what the requirements in the quest mate....

im going through my quests at the moment very boring i must add

and i dont know a word of chinese just use babel fish and use common sence to word it right

Upvote 0

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
I have the same error on that quest, works fine for a wiz but not for a warrior.
I am looking into it, if you find the answer post it pls and i will do likewise

Upvote 0

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
The error is not with the scarecrows but with the 4 venison you collect before this, after you hand in the venison the client crashes, when you relog your on the next part (scarecrow), but in reality the the flag for the venison is not correctly set.
im still looking...

Upvote 0

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
I didn't fined any problem with any other part of the quest, my problem was that the Scarecrow was spelt wrong in the database, it was spelt "ScareCrow". I noticed that errors occur when caps are used when the rest of the files don't have them. Your problem might be the lines at the top and bottom of the files are missing, that also causes the game to throw up errors or crash your game completely.
Take a look at your ..\mud3\Envir\QuestDiary\NpcQuest_Def\14Quest_Bichon-0.txt and make sure the lines are there. I think thats your problem.

Upvote 0