help with sounds please

Join Discord

fishleg003

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 27, 2003
how do i make a weapon sound differently say i have 2 purifiers and i want one to sound like a mace how would i do it ?

is there some where that says this shape number x must be this sound if so where is it ?

theres that sound list but im not sure how to read it
i.e.
2 50.wav 5.w 3 51.wav 4 52.wav 5 53.wav 1.w
not exactly sure what its saying but theres the woodern sword sound with a 3 next to it what ever that means.

thx for any help

Last edited:

fishleg003

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 27, 2003
sound for woodern sword is in 51.wav in the sound folder but how the hell does it know that sound 51 is for the woodern sword i dont get it :bounce:

Upvote 0

fishleg003

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 27, 2003
definately to do with soundlist.wwl i found this in mir2 forum

open sound.lst in wav folder with notepad

there are lists of number 1,2,3,4 etc etc they connect to database or whateva then the bit after is the file name and dir

there can be up2 5 sounds for a mob, to find out the first bit (the 1,2,3,4 bit) for each 5 sounds for a mob its:

1. (appr + 20) X 10
2. (appr + 20) X 10 +1
3. (appr + 20) X 10 +2
4. (appr + 20) X 10 +3
5. (appr + 20) X 10 +4

or summut like that lol iv explained to newblood so he can tell yah in more detail

the first sound is an entrace sound i think (ie the noise ec makes wen it pops up) - i think, didnt hav time to check had 2 sort my server out >_< look forward to the patches that change the sound files lol (zt wake up noise = 'huston we have a problem')

thats for changing mob sounds tho how do you change the weapon sounds some one must know how it works :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StuzUK

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Cyber Space
I also require this infoformation.

I know that the looks for the Mace are 55 and the wav file is 55.wav

All new weapons use 57.wav the pickaxe sound

I have treid to change this but it doesent seem to work.

A dirty way of doing this as most people dont dig on private servers would be to change the 57.wav to say the sound of another weapon.

It would be nice to figure out how to add new weapon sounds.

Upvote 0