Hit/Cast Lag?

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
I was going to put this down to the player, as we have roughly 150-200 active players and he was the only one to suffer from it, but now a second person has also got it... When they attack mobs, they're fine, but when they specifically attack a player (spell cast or melee swing) they get a short blip of a lag spike, so they briefly stop and thus often end up dead.

Both players are pretty nippy when running, neither live any where near one another, they're on different ISP's and unless I'm mistaken, they're both on Vista (I know, doom and gloom) - Anyone have any clue what the hell could be causing this problem? The only logical thing I could think of is that they're "too" fast and this is the server slowing them back down in some way? I don't know the technical side of servers, but from a logical stand-point, it seems like the only possible reason. :s

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
there is setting for this in the setup

i have them from ben i'll post later

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
Ah excellent, cheers you two - Not quite sure why it's only affected 2 players out of 200 or so, but if it's as easy to fix as you say, I'm not fussed. ^^

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
Good to see the spirit of helping out another server is alive, all because we're associated with Jamie, lol - I can see you're going to make things very difficult for us by telling people not to share things with us at any given chance, so, anyone know of the latest community forum that helps one another out, regardless of name or title?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
im happy to help ppl, or i wouldnt of told iceman and other ppl in the 1st place, i just dont like helpin MR..... cause he does nothing but bad things for the community

he steals things off lomcn, and claims them as his own

he trade marks legend of mir, and trys to talk little servers into puttin their server down cause he claims he owns it etc

hes a fag, and no1 should ever help the little bellend

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
This is an Evolution problem, not a MirRevenge problem, it doesn't happen on any other MirRevenge server, so you'd be helping me (who's given you nothing but support or at the worst, neutrality, rather than put down's that you constantly gave to Evo). End of the day if I'm able to help someone, then I will, but I've only just begun learning the server-side of things, so that's not likely to happen any time soon.

End of the day you're just alienating one more group of people because you hate Jamie and use it as an excuse to put down anyone involved with him (there was a time you played MirRev, what would you of said back then if someone came to you and told you he's an awful person and so on and so forth?).

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
why do u and all the other MR bum lickers keep usin the old "u played mr before" i think every1s played it before, just like every1 played OS at some stage, of course every1s goin to play the popular mir servers, that means nothing

when i played MR it was crap, and unbalanced, and i got wrongly banned for a stupid reason, hense lapta isa bell.

and the forums says evolution, formly known as med rate...... lapta hosts the server, im sure lapta takes some sorta payment from it, laptas involved, thats all it takes for me rly.

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
So because someone plays MirRev, they're a MR bum licker? Why did we have "4H bum lickers" coming on Evo to try and exploit? One even being an Admin on your forums, lol. I played MediumRate, I knew what a large amount of the files/stats were like and I thought they were a good balance, so we used a good portion of their DB (though as the days go on, we're replacing basically everything, as it isn't half as good as we originally thought ><).

You played MR for a large amount of hours a day, you donated (unless I'm mistaken, quite a bit?) and were constantly on the forums like an eager player who enjoyed things would. As has been pointed out at least once, Lapta didn't ban you, Lone did - You were given countless warnings about your arguments with Dave in public (funnily enough a lesson you never learnt, lol) and a final warning of whoever starts it next is gone for good, if the other replies they'll be gone for a week... You started it, you were removed for good and OS was born, lol.

Lapta doesn't host ****, he pays the hosts to host it, or do you think he has a secret command centre in his back garden, hosting all of the MirRevenge servers and stealing all of the money we pay to the server hosts? He knows how much hassle I get over this, so he even forwarded the payment receipt on to me, showing the server cost of £134 (he had said to pay £130, so in fact, we were getting £4 out of him, lol).

End of the day, you hate Lapta and can't see that you got yourself banned, I've met dozens of people like you and I'm sure you won't be the last. Maybe you should take some time and grow up, this behaviour is all well and good when you're still classed as a minor, but when you hit 18+, it really is time to accept responsibility for your own mistakes.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Sorry who was this admin trying to exploit exactly?

trance doesnt play mir, matt/cheeky/preacher wouldnt log on, neither would myself or hany, so .... sounds like ur getin mugged off?

i would read the rest of ur post, but i cant be bothered, bye now

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
I'm sure someone would log on with the name Trance, steal some gold off someone, exploit and then not come back after being banned, if they were nothing to do with your or your group - Does make sense for someone to do that, right?

If you wouldn't log on, why have you made several comments on my thread putting the server down with this and that? If you're not interested in playing or showing genuine interest to help improve things, you should be infracted/banned, if Mods/Admins on here would stop patting you on the wrists, you would be gone.

How surprising. :)

We fixed the problem on our own, if anyone experiences a similar issue in future, feel free to drop me a pm and I'll have our lovely server worker explain it for you.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
As i said, trance does not play mir any more, all he does is help admin our forums, so obviously uve been taken for a mug, as i said, and ur just tryin to find stupid things to dig at

again, im nto gonna bother readin rest of ur post as i cba, its prob crap and i cba to argue if thats ur only arguement lol....... maybe u should check the guys IP and see what country hes from.. if u know how lol.