Hmmmmmmmm

lucretia05

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 7, 2006
Belfast in Northern Ireland
see all these LOM 3 servers, are they the same as the official mir 3? I joined RND pro last night because it seemed the easiest to install, but it reminds me so much of myth of soma. Now don't get me wrong, from what I have played so far I have enjoyed but it just didn't seem very mir like lol. Anyone know anything about the real mir 3? :)

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
Olymp is more an oldschool lom server using lom3 JoB engine
RNDpro/AO etc r more new style high exp mir3 server where u can archive things very fast but loose the old feeling of lom abit imo

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Bascially you have a few choices to make as follows:

Type of Server
Judgement of Blood (JOB) - this is the large style maps, older interface and not as many magics, no daily quests (though some may have programmed around this), ingame email and so forth.

Prelude to War / 3G - This is more in line with the Offical Servers and features pretty much everything you expect.

Exp of Server
This ranges from 2/3x Server to some wild numbers such as 60, 62 & 1000x Exp, if you want a long term server then of course go for the lower end of the scale, if you fancy playing killing a mob and going up 10 levels - then the higher ones will attract you.

Do No expect to see the Latest Magics, All the quests working and so forth just yet, this is after all Private Servers not Offical !!

RoNeZ

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 2, 2004
Boro
olymp ftw been playing 3 year + hardly play atm but is a nice server atm i just like pissing off the higher exp server owners :D

lucretia05

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 7, 2006
i am just about to read through all the posts for olymp now.

I cant get into their forums, do you have to download this with that bit torrent thing? If so i have no hope what so ever of trying it..

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
if u need help with olymp, you post on their thread, not here.

lucretia05

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 7, 2006
i did and i am still waiting for a reply, is it really that hard to just answer me? it seems that asking for help on this board now days is like getting blood from a ****ing stone.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
lucretia05 said:
i did and i am still waiting for a reply, is it really that hard to just answer me? it seems that asking for help on this board now days is like getting blood from a ****ing stone.

It is upto the server ownwer how they supply the client and Olypia choose to use BitTorrent I beleive to save on bandwidth. I dont even know what your question is - you want to play on a Free Mir3 server but not sure which??

Few steps to this:

1. Choose a Server
2. Go to Web site/Forum and find out how and what client to get.
3. Play the server..

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
lucretia05 said:

this section wldnt b so dead if instead of people always asking for help, they found out themselves like alot of us and then helped others who really need it.

yes u need bittorrent to download the olymp client, but ther are plenty of other servers to try which just use the official client.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Demonic said:
Bascially you have a few choices to make as follows:

Type of Server
Judgement of Blood (JOB) - this is the large style maps, older interface and not as many magics, no daily quests (though some may have programmed around this), ingame email and so forth.

Prelude to War / 3G - This is more in line with the Offical Servers and features pretty much everything you expect.

Exp of Server
This ranges from 2/3x Server to some wild numbers such as 60, 62 & 1000x Exp, if you want a long term server then of course go for the lower end of the scale, if you fancy playing killing a mob and going up 10 levels - then the higher ones will attract you.

Do No expect to see the Latest Magics, All the quests working and so forth just yet, this is after all Private Servers not Offical !!

why would lower rate be more long term? it depends on the host. my server has 100+ at peek times.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Lyncus said:
why would lower rate be more long term? it depends on the host. my server has 100+ at peek times.

When I was reffering to Long Term, I was going from a Player side not how long the server would be up for - just in case thats what you thought I meant.

My thoughts are bascially if say a server is 4x to take a good example, means a player can rise gradually up the ranks and the equipment is still within the stats (max 255 remember) and the host can keep adding more stuff to balance around the player levels. Once this changes to 1000x (again another example) - then you no longer are playing Mir as it was intended to be but instead turn it into something like Command & Conquer type game where its all about PvP and one hit killing a boss mob type thing...

I know this becase I have been messing with Servers way to long now, played all the high rate ones, soon got bored - yes it attracts high numbers in the beginning but over time it soon dies down - been proven way to many times.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Demonic said:
When I was reffering to Long Term, I was going from a Player side not how long the server would be up for - just in case thats what you thought I meant.

My thoughts are bascially if say a server is 4x to take a good example, means a player can rise gradually up the ranks and the equipment is still within the stats (max 255 remember) and the host can keep adding more stuff to balance around the player levels. Once this changes to 1000x (again another example) - then you no longer are playing Mir as it was intended to be but instead turn it into something like Command & Conquer type game where its all about PvP and one hit killing a boss mob type thing...

I know this becase I have been messing with Servers way to long now, played all the high rate ones, soon got bored - yes it attracts high numbers in the beginning but over time it soon dies down - been proven way to many times.

max isnt 255 bud, try spreaking to the chinesse. that for level and the 250 max stats.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Lyncus said:
max isnt 255 bud, try spreaking to the chinesse. that for level and the 250 max stats.

On Version 3.38/3.38 the max level is 255, the max stats you can have is also 255 or is what I am seeing in my little box lying to me? Once stats reach 255, it LOOPS around back to 0.

Now I do speak to the chinese thanks and 3.5x got rid of the 255 stats much like the mir2 counterpart and now the max is 65535 - so yes with the latest files you wont hit any problems..

RoNeZ

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 2, 2004
Boro
Demonic said:
On Version 3.38/3.38 the max level is 255, the max stats you can have is also 255 or is what I am seeing in my little box lying to me? Once stats reach 255, it LOOPS around back to 0.

Now I do speak to the chinese thanks and 3.5x got rid of the 255 stats much like the mir2 counterpart and now the max is 65535 - so yes with the latest files you wont hit any problems..

lyncus wrong again just like he saying 3.38 dont have 110 user limit 0.o