Home Cloud

Join Discord

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Okey, a guy at work has just bought one of these.

Is there any similar products?

I'm interested in doing this for several reasons, as at the moment im carrying an external HDD with me full of music and movies when i go peoples houses, etc. .and memory stick with documents for work etc = MISSION! and pain when i forget one.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Any router with a USB port to plug an external HDD into, or setting up an FTP on your computer at home with access to your entire drive would be a cheaper and better option (never have to worry about making sure everything is on your external then)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Any router with a USB port to plug an external HDD into, or setting up an FTP on your computer at home with access to your entire drive would be a cheaper and better option (never have to worry about making sure everything is on your external then)

not an ideal solution, you'll have to have you pc on if you wanna access anything, and data transfer would be much slower.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Does't everyone leave their pc on 24/7 nowadays anyway? o.O

Data transfer is gonna be restricted by your upload limit anyway, wether it be via your PC or a pogo device. Data transfer speeds from your computer to the router will surpass the speeds from the router to wherever you're trying to download the data to.