How can i ?

smoochy boys on tour

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
hi,

Is it possible to add a effect to a weapon, like a great xe for example. I want it to have a blast of fire every so often when it hits a target. The only way i have thought of doing this, is by adding spell images to the weapon attack images, but i have no idea how to do this. So any help is apreciated.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
so u want the weapon to randomly give some sorta effect... sorta like when slaying happens??

would only be do-able coding wise... but then dont take this wrong way, why would u even wanan do that? its stupid. havin an effect for no reason? may aswell turn it into a spell

if u change the wil images it will happen all the time

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
i can see why u would like to do it, give the game some extra graphics, b more interesting with the very outdated graphics.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
so u want the weapon to randomly give some sorta effect... sorta like when slaying happens??

would only be do-able coding wise... but then dont take this wrong way, why would u even wanan do that? its stupid. havin an effect for no reason? may aswell turn it into a spell

if u change the wil images it will happen all the time

sry 4 dbl post didnt see this reply.

The reason i want to do it, as it summit no1 has seen b4. also it adds a bit more colour to the game.

And there are 2 types of hit used by warriors, so you could just add the images to 1 attack set. And leave the other attack normal.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you'd have to add it to each each manually. but then it would be random, wld occur everytime u did the second type of attack.

only other way is to code it in.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
sry 4 dbl post didnt see this reply.

The reason i want to do it, as it summit no1 has seen b4. also it adds a bit more colour to the game.

And there are 2 types of hit used by warriors, so you could just add the images to 1 attack set. And leave the other attack normal.
you mean when hes holdin shift and does that different attack?

hardly ne1 is gonna be doin that attack unless they are sititn in sz bored, i honestly dont see the point lol

if i was a coder and some1 asked me to do that, id rather spend the time addin new spells that messin about with that

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
check my DM2 files you will find what you need in there including a wil file with effects ;) , you need to take the codes tho

look for the Enchants.wil file there are 2 examples in it

warning the codes of this function is still quiet buggy since the effects is shown through every player that stands beside you and the other players cant see there effect so still alot to fix :D

Last edited: