How to add mobs

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Hi, me again :P

I've tried adding the mobs with their names and stats into the mobDB, but then when i check the DB again they've vanished. Is there something I have to change to get them to stay there?

BTW Pets fully working :D And what pets ;)

Talim

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
What is basically am doing is using MS excel to edit the DB's, and then importing into SQL DB manager. And yes, when i reopen the excel file, the new mobs are there, but when i look at it with sql manager they are gone.

Talim

Quad4U

Importing from Excel into SQL will loose data - this is a well know bug. Easier just typing straight into SQL tbh

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
Somebody Else said:
What is basically am doing is using MS excel to edit the DB's, and then importing into SQL DB manager. And yes, when i reopen the excel file, the new mobs are there, but when i look at it with sql manager they are gone.

Talim

when you import.. did you choose the ones with the $ sign?

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Nope, the normal ones, would that make a difference?

Quick Question, how can i get a mob to attack with a mass lightning spell (or rather, a mass-element spell, maybe like wind or fire too)? I've seen it before, and was wondering how its done.

Talim

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
the $ ones are the last save... I don't remember why the non $ ones are there for...

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Ooh okay, that sounds kinda weird but thx :)

Now just need to figure out that mass-attack spell and im done :)

Talim

Quad4U

There is In game mob spells - which means spawn all mobs until you find the one which your on about and tap them numbers in on your new mob.

The other is Mob AI - which adds all sorts of spells including player spells - this is a different thing Altogether and not DB related..

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Well i know how the mobAI works, thats easy. And i know that tadanga, i think, is the only mob that uses one of the spells i am after :P So i guess ill stick to mobAI for the spells i want. Thx quad :)

Talim