Request How to encrypt .lib

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
why throw $100 when you have free ConfuserEx

also OP was asking .lib, not .net exe

Just write your own AES encrypt/decrypt to secure .lib files, check out SymmetricAlgorithm and CryptoStream
What would be the point in that when you'd need to put the decrypt code in an openly readable exe anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FantasticTroll

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 21, 2019
What would be the point in that when you'd need to put the decrypt code in an openly readable exe anyway.

to stop 99% of people who use default lib editor?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Only needs zedina to see it and your content has been stolen and re-encrypted.

Funny, how you entangle word stolen against me, when whole community is based on stealing assets of a 21 years old Game Company.

Reactions: Chriz

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Knew you'd be lingering around in this encryption thread

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Knew you'd be lingering around in this encryption thread

Now back on topic, whoever wants to encrypt the client exe shall do if its something valuable like shaders, different draw format and such code.
Whoever wants to encrypt only because of libraries, its not worth the hassle.

Also, once you encrypt the exe, windows defender will automatically mark it as malicious. But you can get a digitally signature from Microsoft for 300-400$.

ALSO, the reason ZenX is encrypted is not about the assets. Its that any one with a Server.exe (basic zircon) and Library.dll can visualize the System.db and be a creep and spam me about "FACK SAKE MATE, 1/20000000000 RATE CHANCE?".

FantasticTroll

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 21, 2019
Jamie the author of Zircon doesn't like your encryption
Now back on topic, whoever wants to encrypt the client exe shall do if its something valuable like shaders, different draw format and such code.
Whoever wants to encrypt only because of libraries, its not worth the hassle.

Also, once you encrypt the exe, windows defender will automatically mark it as malicious. But you can get a digitally signature from Microsoft for 300-400$.

ALSO, the reason ZenX is encrypted is not about the assets. Its that any one with a Server.exe (basic zircon) and Library.dll can visualize the System.db and be a creep and spam me about "FACK SAKE MATE, 1/20000000000 RATE CHANCE?".

people gonna bitch about probabilities no matter what you do.

Hidden drop rate: "GM sell items"
Released drop rate: "Fake rates"
Unencrypted DB: "GM implemented dirty code to control drops"

so I prefer the transparent way so that you don't have to deal with anti-virus and VirSCAN.org "GM put backdoor in client to spec me"
Post automatically merged:

I don't want others to easily open .lib
Because I spent a lot of time making GUI

unless your work is super amazing, don't bother

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Hidden drop rate: "GM sell items"
Released drop rate: "Fake rates"
Unencrypted DB: "GM implemented dirty code to control drops"

Hidden drop rate: You can see on observer, the player's Last Check and Drop progression by using CRTL+W (Fortune Checker)
Released drop rate: I dont often release, RNG has its often mysterious ways, can find 1/2, 1/4 or 1/65k.
Unencrypted DB(i think you ment encrypted): Olymp on their discord said they was going to encrypt the database because players often checked drops and were hunting only in one certain zone because of what drop rate was there(in the column of drop list).

I think the hate towards me in most of part was yes indeed trully. However there are other servers who launched before/after ZenX and where they are? Offline.
Log on my server, see how many HuntGold players have. I had did events, giveaways, global giveaways (all accounts) of HuntGold.

The main principle im against with (and disturbs others): All want to make a quick cash by putting a server 1-3months online (prove me wrong), which will affect other servers (such as mine) on long term.

Reactions: Dano

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I don't want others to easily open .lib
Because I spent a lot of time making GUI
yes but is it custom made from scratch or have you stolen others images and made things your own

i was going to do exactly like you want for my libs because ive spent 100's of hours om images and placements.

but the bottom line is, if you dont want anyone to ever steal your work, dont release a server.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Its futile, if someone wants to reverse your libs they will. Yes you may make it slightly more difficult, but still they will be able to retrieve your resources one way or other.

Even when it comes to obsfucating clients, its not worth it - you loose out on meaningful debug info such as stack traces and also it does hit your performance. Initially you may think it would help with cheaters/hacked clients or people copying code, but really it doesn't make a difference.

We are a community based on stolen assets, it is our nature lol.

Reactions: Sanjian and zedina

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
If you feel your work is worth protecting, protect it; it will probably stop a good portion of the "pop-up" servers taking it as they tend to put minimum effort into their servers (so having to do something to get resources, they probably wouldn't bother)

Your work will still be taken by people who want to put the effort into getting it, its the nature of this game (we're all working off stolen assets, anyway)

On the note of drops, RNG is a bitch, you could have a Mythic level 60 weapon that has 1/50,000,000 chance to drop, someone kills 100,000,000 of them and doesn't see it, someone clonks 1 mob on the head, and it drops.

Its why I liked Zircon (and I assume ZedX now - as he mentioned fortune checker) as you eventually are guaranteed that item if you farm it enough, but when it drops the counter resets + adds your left over rate on top