Huge project in need of additional support...

smoochy boys on tour

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
G'day LOMCN,

There's currently a ha-uge project being developed by me and some of the guys you might know on the forum, which is based on the DM2 files.

Our project splits into two servers (something like Dragon and Phoenix) but it's to cater for the entire market, you're a picky bunch.

Annnyway this is a serious venture, we have dedicated boxes hosted in data centres in gerrrmany (might also get a co-location in the UK) with vBulletin licensing and full web-based support including graphic design and programming.

Our team currently consists of 5 central team members, two and a half programmers and two and a half database, content administration. We also have 3 consultants who are helping us when needed because of our loveliness.

Back to the point; we've got a lot of ground to cover and a lot of work to do, we're not all always around and it causes complications... so I'm after some more help with the server.

Anything you can contribute will be a great help, ideally we need someone better than me and rich with Delphi but that's not going to happen; although I bet they will all wish they had a slice of the action upon production lol.

If you don't get on with me, Shard, Toxick, Jicaa or Richybe then please do not reply.

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
G'day LOMCN,

There's currently a ha-uge project being developed by me and some of the guys you might know on the forum, which is based on the DM2 files.

Our project splits into two servers (something like Dragon and Phoenix) but it's to cater for the entire market, you're a picky bunch.

Annnyway this is a serious venture, we have dedicated boxes hosted in data centres in gerrrmany (might also get a co-location in the UK) with vBulletin licensing and full web-based support including graphic design and programming.

Our team currently consists of 5 central team members, two and a half programmers and two and a half database, content administration. We also have 3 consultants who are helping us when needed because of our loveliness.

Back to the point; we've got a lot of ground to cover and a lot of work to do, we're not all always around and it causes complications... so I'm after some more help with the server.

Anything you can contribute will be a great help, ideally we need someone better than me and rich with Delphi but that's not going to happen; although I bet they will all wish they had a slice of the action upon production lol.

If you don't get on with me, Shard, Toxick, Jicaa or Richybe then please do not reply.

check msges m8 ......

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
name im using is DoomDevil, pm me ur msn on there

Last edited:

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
lol good luck i really dont see the point in anyone trying to create there own dm2 files... TD will always be one step ahead and if certain rumours are true then you would have wasted your time m8... i suggest you leave it alone unless your gonna make a high rate serv :O

/Echo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
lol good luck i really dont see the point in anyone trying to create there own dm2 files... TD will always be one step ahead and if certain rumours are true then you would have wasted your time m8... i suggest you leave it alone unless your gonna make a high rate serv :O

/Echo

Wasted time? Care to explain?

Despite the fact your argument makes no sense, as in relation Euro will always be 50,000 steps ahead of TD or anyone else as a professional organisation with legal copyright on licensing, yet we still pursue to host... thedeath is no threat.

We are making two servers, on production server for long-term players and one pvp server.

I know this entire forum is under the impression that TD is some kind of demi-god, but in all seriousness... programming is not hard to learn, especially if you have previously programmed in other languages.

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Wasted time? Care to explain?

Despite the fact your argument makes no sense, as in relation Euro will always be 50,000 steps ahead of TD or anyone else as a professional organisation with legal copyright on licensing, yet we still pursue to host... thedeath is no threat.

We are making two servers, on production server for long-term players and one pvp server.

I know this entire forum is under the impression that TD is some kind of demi-god, but in all seriousness... programming is not hard to learn, especially if you have previously programmed in other languages.

TBH most of this forum doesnt like TD and from the names you have named on your post above TD is a beg threat lol, when i started reading this thread i was under the impression you had manage to get someone like Sean/Cheeky/Nick (maybe) working for you... but obviously not...

IM not saying that your server will not be a hit.... but the private mir2 EURO side of things has already been done...

/Echo

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
TBH most of this forum doesnt like TD and from the names you have named on your post above TD is a beg threat lol, when i started reading this thread i was under the impression you had manage to get someone like Sean/Cheeky/Nick (maybe) working for you... but obviously not...

IM not saying that your server will not be a hit.... but the private mir2 EURO side of things has already been done...

/Echo

We're not going anywhere near euro, nor did I ever state that. If you check my post history you'll see I'm very against people's ideas being snubbed because they are not related to euro.

Why make a copy of an existing game when you have the potential to re-program the entire service?

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
We're not going anywhere near euro, nor did I ever state that. If you check my post history you'll see I'm very against people's ideas being snubbed because they are not related to euro.

Why make a copy of an existing game when you have the potential to re-program the entire service?

i reread my post i wasnt meaning it to be saying that you are making a euro clone what i ment to have said was IF you are making one theres no point... if your gonna release one with your own ideas and stuff then woooop ill more then likely try it out.

/Echo

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Good luck Sawell nice to see some one step away from trying to clone euro and wish you all the best maybe it's what DC should of done or maybe its what we are doing hehe.

Shout if you need a hand with anything.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Good luck Sawell nice to see some one step away from trying to clone euro and wish you all the best maybe it's what DC should of done or maybe its what we are doing hehe.

Thank you!

Does that mean I could put you down as a consultant? ^____^

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Hehe sure thing will be nice to see what you come up with in the end the possiblities are endless ^^

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland

Stop doing that its unfare to your player base and is just casing trouble

and DevilSoul is not a clone of euro mir
Just cause you dont hear about something does not mean it is not there :P

BH

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
teamla5.jpg

There are still things like we could use support for, as most of those roles will be spread across two servers.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I wish luck with this project. Taking the step away from Euro Mir will be the best thing to do and will surely attract more players for your server. Defo be giving it ago.

Live

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 15, 2006
**** it I'm in, mapping (you'll have a job finding some one better ;))

-Talk to Tox
/Shinoda

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Yeah boi we got Shinoda, that's what I'm talk'in 'bout.

fireboi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2005
scotland,dumfries
ive got lots of spare time, honestly dunno what im good at but gota start sumwer, i offer u all my help if your not lookin for a noob lol nvm G/l