I do need help. RE Mir3JOB

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
Ok.
Well this problem started off isolated to one user. and after a recent reinstall/setup its on another and i've had reports of it happening to others. so this is the problem:

A user will be playing - "Yay its fun"
then a user will get hit/hit something "Oh, Owie, wait a second - i've crashed to desktop"
the user then tries logging in again "Oh back to desktop after notice O_o!"
i reset thier position to BWSZ - Login and play starts over again, then the kicking occurs
Random people random times random client versions.

I have absolutely no clue what is happening with it, in rungate i get the message

ERROR 153000 IP
Disconnect IP
Connect IP
ERROR 153000 IP
Disconnect IP

and that happens on every client disconnection as well as the "Client read-socket function is not work!" message

So what im asking for really is:
Has anyone else experienced this problem? How did you fix it?
Do you have a clue to whats going on/possible reasons.
I've excluded client issues which leaves it to the server, now Rungate is the only component having errors O_o teh help0r meh

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
NotMeAgainAgain said:
Ok.
Well this problem started off isolated to one user. and after a recent reinstall/setup its on another and i've had reports of it happening to others. so this is the problem:

A user will be playing - "Yay its fun"
then a user will get hit/hit something "Oh, Owie, wait a second - i've crashed to desktop"
the user then tries logging in again "Oh back to desktop after notice O_o!"
i reset thier position to BWSZ - Login and play starts over again, then the kicking occurs
Random people random times random client versions.

I have absolutely no clue what is happening with it, in rungate i get the message

ERROR 153000 IP
Disconnect IP
Connect IP
ERROR 153000 IP
Disconnect IP

and that happens on every client disconnection as well as the "Client read-socket function is not work!" message

So what im asking for really is:
Has anyone else experienced this problem? How did you fix it?
Do you have a clue to whats going on/possible reasons.
I've excluded client issues which leaves it to the server, now Rungate is the only component having errors O_o teh help0r meh

Heh, found out what was causing the majority of the errors,
i was using a dbserv that needed the encrypted mapinfo :D
juts made a new folder and placed an ecrypted Mi into it, pointed the dbsrv to it and voila!
But the error still occurs randomly :P
Ah well till i get a new dbsrv i dont see ne way round it.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
IN regards the server files, ALl the files I used had no Encrytion, using Visio 30-06 which was re-hexed to close a few more backdoors and change GSA Password + admin password. I used to have a few problems when I had the hex for Rungate data retention from 10 secs to 1 sec but since then I have rehexed the rungate + server to default settings.

Mapinfo + Admin.txt + others are all using Un-encrtyted version - Dont see the reason why this was in place anyhow.

As for the client - now this is a good talking point as the client, even on Euromir3 has problems but the problems come about in regard to the PC not the program. The program is so badly written (not that I could do any better mind you) that a few wrong settings and drives and it start going wrong big style.

On my setup for example - a Nforce 2 board with latest Nforce drivers (Gfx and MBoard) MIR3 client would show the following problems:

* Getting stuck on a spot for no reason
* Magic not working (similar to above problem)
* Clicking on a NPC would kick me back to desktop
* Messages saying "not enough MP/HP, even though I had loads
* Drinking pots removed them from my bag but my HP/MP not topping up at all.

Now how did i fix this mess, well lets see, I took off Spectrum Spread in the bios (MIR2 also had this problem), i fiddled with a few settings (AGP size etc), went down a version on the drivers, which was annoying to say the least as the rest of my programs worked fine.

Now doing above plus more fixed all the little problems I was having - which matters not now as i cannot compromise my system just to run one crappy program, so work on my end (mir3 ) has stopped dead...

No idea if any of that will help you or not, but it helped me anyhow..

Upvote 0

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
Xander said:
Its Client Versions happened to me. does this happen to you?
heh, theres so many clients out there atm mate i just don't know which one to use, btw - the client you were using, i managed to fix the horses ;)
you know the one if you put (Test)_Name as npc name it displays it stacked :)
was just the cmlist for mount etc works no problems :P

Upvote 0

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
Xander said:
Yea We Got It After A While thanks Any Way If You Wouldnt mind i would like to talk on msn could you add me or pm me your addy ta

[email protected]
Oh another thing i've got working (not sure if anyone else has yet) :
The map window (Bag - View) which lists all of the existing maps with a map to view with zoom buttons n what not.

Upvote 0